March 24, 2013 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Amersfoort, The Netherlands - Curious about what Google Glass will bring? It should be obvious that Google will depend a lot on it's image recognition software to assist users about the world around them. And if you like the idea but don't really feel like donning glasses for it, we have just the solution for your iPhone. Sparkling Apps is proud to introduce Talking Goggles - a camera with speech 1.0 for iOS.
Google has been quietly improving 'google goggles' over the past two years. We have used this now as a base for our image recognition app, 'Talking Goggles'. Talking Goggles, as the name suggests, speaks out the results it finds. You can take any photo or run a camera feed, and the app will tell you what is on the image. Translation is integrated so you can have it spoken to you in any language.
* Recognizes almost any image within seconds. Recognize logos, landmarks, books, products, artwork, text and more
* Shows the description of the image and speaks it out to you
* Recognizes text in almost any language, and then presents it in your selected language
* Speaks it out using the correct accent of your selected language
* Includes a torchlight to assist in reading. Handy when for example using goggles on a menu card in a foreign language etc.
* Video mode. Talking Goggles will continuously check the video stream for any familiar images, and will present it and speak it out when it finds something
* Easy copy function. Use goggles as a scanner/translator and use the results in any other application
* Look up more details on the image found by doing a direct search. Or, if it is a product, check where it is available nearby, and show a price comparison.
This app is great for when you need to read a page written in a foreign language. Your iPhone will read it out for you!
Don't know the name of that actor on that poster? Just point your camera at it and Talking Goggles will tell you!
Want to find out if that product is really the cheapest around? Take a picture and let Talking Goggles do a comparison for you.
Point Talking Goggles at a logo, and you will be told the company details.
Talking Goggles has now been launched on iOS and Android.
* iOS 4.3 or later
* iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Talking Goggles - a camera with speech 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Located in Trivandrum, India, Sparkling Apps is a young enterprise that has jumped on the possibilities in the current market and technologies. The mobile technology and social media offer unique opportunities. Sparkling Apps was founded to develop applications that cater to these opportunities. The founders, Roeland and Martijn van der Spek, have an exceptional technical background and both over 20 years of experience in software development. This affinity for technology and an understanding of customer requirements is combined with a strong experience with outsourcing. The strength of Sparkling Apps lies in offering excellent quality in an economical package. Among others, this is realized through Sparkling Apps' development centre in India, where permanent Dutch management is present. Copyright (C) 2013 Sparkling Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.