April 28, 2013 in Utilities (F)
[prMac.com] San Diego, California - Mint Muse(R) Sound Level Meter Pro transforms your iPhone's and iPad's into high quality sound level meters (SLM). It has been meticulously designed with the end user in mind, to create a tool that is simple to use, yet contains all the necessary capabilities for a wide range of applications. It sports a beautiful interface to perfectly complement the iPhone's and iPad's. Mint Muse has carefully calibrated sensitivity values of the microphones for iPhone's and iPad's across generation to ensure accurate readings.
Sound Level Meter Pro is capable of performance comparable to high-end and expensive analog meters and it comes equipped with a comprehensive set of frequency weights
* Flat: sound pressure level (SPL) without weighting (1 dB SPL = 20 mPa)
* A weighting: based on 40-phon Fletcher-Munson curves, most commonly used weighting, especially in North America
* C weighting: more emphasis on low frequencies, ideal for peak measurements and entertainment noise measurement
* ITU-R 468 noise weighting: curve to measure audio systems, commonly used in UK and its former colonies and also Europe
* ISO 226 weighting: direct measurement of loudness in phones and averaged across critical bands
Sound Level Meter Pro is the perfect tool for audio engineers, concert-goers and naturalists who are constantly on the go.
* 1st sound level meter (SLM) iOS(R) app to provide 5 frequency weightings
* High peak range (max around 110dB)
* Performance comparable to professional analog meters
* Implements efficient algorithms for long-time measurements
* Calibrated for iPhone4/4s/5(R), iPad2(R) and New iPad(R)
* Multiple visualization: traditional needle over gauge or rotating gauge with more resolution
* Displays average and peak (reset through touch) sound levels, measurement time
* Displayed values: meter level, peak value, timer
* Frequency range: 50Hz ~ 15kHz
* Accuracy: /- 2dB
* Display resolution: 0.1dB
* Response time: 125 milliseconds (fast); 1 second (slow)
* Calibrate with offset value from -10.0dB to 10.0dB
* Peak around 110dB
* Allows screen-lock to be disabled during measurement
* Supports five frequency weightings: Flat, A, C, ITU-R 468-4 and ISO 226
* Due to hardware limitation
* Not certified by ANSI or IEC standards for SLM
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 3.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sound Level Meter Pro 1.5 is $19.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Located in San Diego, California, Mint Muse LLC - Designer Sound Technologies is a passionate group of designer and developers from the sound and music industry. Our philosophy is to deliver applications built upon the philosophy of fusing utility, elegant design and rigorous engineering - all powered by our combined experience from music, audio, acoustics and visual design. Copyright (C) 2013 Mint Muse LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.