May 20, 2013 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Singapore - SeeSawApp's latest iOS offering, "Map Camera: Append a Map to your Photo," has been approved for the App Store. It is currently available worldwide in the App Store. The launch offer price is $0.99. This universal app takes advantage of the device's location services and address mapping services to append location maps to photos. It also prints corresponding addresses and time stamps on the photos as they are taken. Additionally, some useful metadata (e.g. ISO, shutter speed, flash, etc) is appended with the map to the final image to give it a professional look and feel.
"Map Camera: Append a Map to your Photo" also aims to provide a new experience to users with regard to using filters. Instead of applying filters as an afterthought, this app lets users select filters when composing pictures, thus enabling users to see the world, live and moving, through their selected filters.
Existing photos in the device's photo library can be imported for map appending and time stamping. All photos taken or processed by the app are kept and organized in the app's album. These photos can be saved back to the device's photo library, or shared via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Dropbox, etc.
Other noteworthy features:
* Pictures can be taken in portrait, landscape or square format (for Instagram)
* For all 3 formats, maps and corresponding data are appended in well thought-through layouts
* All final images in the app's album retain the original metadata set (exif, GPS, etc)
* Album can be organized according to filter, format, or date taken
* In-app function for transferring to cloud storages (Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box, etc)
* In-app function for social sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc)
* In-app function for opening photos in other image editing apps (Snapseed, PhotoStudio, etc)
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPod touch
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular
* iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 2.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
"Map Camera: Append a Map to your Photo" (ver 1.0) is selling at the introductory price of $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. SeeSawApps is now offering promo codes for reviewers.
SeeSawApps is an independent iOS apps developer that begins putting together apps in 2009. SeeSawApps is based in Singapore. Copyright (C) 2012 SeeSawApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.