May 21, 2013 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Newark, California - Mobile devices have changed the way users seek and consume news. However, the methods for consuming professional content have not kept pace. In the legal industry, it is routine to follow several newsletters, websites and print publications for the latest news. The process frustrates many lawyers, and prevents them from staying up-to-date with practice and industry developments. To address this problem, Ratchet Technology has released Law Ratchet, a free app that analyzes and curates the top legal and business sites to find the most relevant and interesting news, analysis and commentary.
Available for iPad and the web, Law Ratchet offers a fast, easy and engaging experience. Users may check the latest top stories, see what legal topics are trending on blogs and social media, or find articles in their practice areas through one of over 40 curated categories. The app also provides industry news about law firms, law schools and legal jobs, as well as lighter news, gossip and pop culture articles. For individual topics, Law Ratchet provides a powerful, flexible search function, and searches may be saved as custom news categories.
Derek Chau, Ratchet Technology CEO, said, "Law Ratchet will shift the way legal professionals learn about their industry. As it stands today, staying current with legal news and developments is a chore for lawyers. Like many chores, it often gets neglected. Our app transforms this chore into a personalized, easy and enjoyable experience."
App features include:
* A clear, engaging interface that is easy and enjoyable to use
* Numerous customization options
* More than 40 curated news categories
* Powerful and flexible content search
* Searches may be saved as custom news categories
* Smart article tags to explore and discover related content
* Ability to sync saved articles and customized settings across multiple devices using Facebook, Google or LinkedIn
Early praise for Law Ratchet:
* "For me, the key is convenience, and Law Ratchet has it. I can get updates at home, at my desk or on the train. And I can get everything I need in one app." (Victor Shum, Partner, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell)
* "Law Ratchet allows me to rapidly survey recent developments in a customizable format. Its functionality surpasses that of subscription sites I've used." (Richard Lieberman, Member, Jennings Strouss)
Law Ratchet for Web is compatible with all modern operating systems and browsers, including Apple Safari 4+, Google Chrome 5+, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8+, and Mozilla Firefox 4+.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 8.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Law Ratchet 3.3.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category. To try Law Ratchet for Web, and to learn more about Law Ratchet for iPad, visit them online.
Law Ratchet is developed by Ratchet Technology, a mobile and web development company located in Newark, Calif. The company was founded in 2012 by two Silicon Valley attorneys who understand the challenges facing legal professionals. Ratchet Technology develops apps that enable, support and delight these professionals. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Ratchet Technology LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.