May 22, 2013 in Seminars and Events (E)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), the cutting-edge authorized digital training destination for post-production and content creators, is excited to announce growing support for its Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story event held on June 8, 2013 at the French Institute in the heart of Manhattan. Industry luminaries Sony Creative Software, Technicolor and Dolby recently signed on as sponsors, joining the likes of AbelCine, ACE, Adorama, AJA, Art of the Guillotine, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Boris FX, CCW, Digieffects, EditShare, DV Expo East, HP, IFP, Imagineer Systems, MoPictive, MPSE, Noise Industries, NY Editors Collective, NYWIFT, ProductionHUB and Tekserve.
Also added to the Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story cast of all-stars is Jeff Wozniak of LOOK Effects, who has worked on blockbusters including "Star Wars: Episodes I-III" (though he claims he had nothing to do with the creation of Jar Jar Binks), "Star Trek" and "Avatar." Wozniak joins VFX experts from The Molecule and Gravity World for ITCR's visual effects panel. Arguably one of the hottest topics in filmmaking today, the superstar panel will screen their work and discuss the vital role of the visual effects team in the current state of the industry. Leading the highly anticipated panel is Ross Shain, chief marketing officer of Imagineer Systems and 2013 Sci-Tech Academy Award(R) winner.
"I am looking forward to hosting the Visual Effects Panel as part of MEWshop's 'Inside the Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story' event," says Shain. "This will be a great opportunity for industry leaders to share thoughts on creativity, workflows and the increased role of visual effects in today's post-production environments."
Held at the famed French Institute in Manhattan on Saturday, June 8, 2013, Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story's prestigious guest lineup* features Oscar(R) winners and industry visionaries including:
* Michael Berenbaum, A.C.E. - "Before Night Falls," "Sex and the City," "The Americans"
* Patrick Ehrlund, B-Reel - "Hotel 626," Arcade Fire, "The Wilderness Downtown"
* Eugene Gearty, MPSE - "The Departed," "Inside Man," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
* Jerry Greenberg, A.C.E. - "The French Connection," "Apocalypse Now," "Kramer vs. Kramer"
* Chris Healer, VFX artist from The Molecule - "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "Elementary"
* Alan Heim, A.C.E. - "Network," "All That Jazz," "Lenny"
* Yuval Levy, Gravity World - "The DaVinci Code," "The Adjustment Bureau"
* Sam Miille, Sound Effects Assistant - "Shutter Island," "Hugo," "Life of Pi"
* Susan Morse, A.C.E. - "Manhattan," "Arthur," "The Warriors," "Hannah and Her Sisters"
* Bill Pankow, A.C.E. - "The Untouchables," "Carlito's Way," "Drumline"
* Evan Schechtman, @radical.media - "The Johnny Cash Project," Sting "Appumentary"
* Phil Stockton, MPSE - "Hugo," "Shutter Island," "Brokeback Mountain," "Life of Pi"
* Oscar Tillman, B-Reel - "Hotel 626," "Asylum 626"
* Jeffrey Wolf, A.C.E. - "A.C.O.D.," "Bachelorette," "Billy Madison"
* Jeff Wozniak, LOOK Effects - "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," "Star Trek," "Marvel's The Avengers," "Minority Report"
* David Zieff, Editor - "McConkey," "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster," "TV Nation," "Chico Mendez," "Voice of the Amazon"
** Panelists subject to change due to work schedules.
Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story Panel Topics -
Guest speakers will participate in a wide range of panels chaired by industry luminaries and VIPs. These interactive sessions include:
* New York in the '70s: NYC Legends Discuss their Work and their Favorite Moments from this Revolutionary Era in American Cinema - Moderated by author and film historian Bobbie O'Steen
* Motion Picture Sound Editors Sound Show: The "Life of Pi" Soundscape from Production Audio to Final Mix - Moderated by MPSE board member and sound editor Ahmad Shirazi
* Visual FX: Behind the Green Screen and the Integral Role of the Visual Effects Artist - Moderated by Ross Shain, 2012 Oscar winner and CMO of Imagineer
* Anatomy of a Scene: Documentary and Narrative Editors Deconstruct their Work - Moderated by award-winning editor Michael Berenbaum, A.C.E.
* Interactive Media: Blurring the Lines Between Post and Production - Moderated by Art of the Guillotine's Gordon Burkell
Please visit MEWshop's website for a full description and schedule of panel topics, panelists and moderators. Stay tuned for further details.
Register for Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound, and Story - special discounts now available!
* $89.00 USD regular admission
* $69.00 for members of partner organizations (NYWIFT, MPEG, ACE, IFP, AICE, MPSE, DGA, MoPictive, PostChat, Post Magazine, SFCutters, AOTG and MEWshop Alumni) - use code: ITCR002
* $59.00 for organizations registering five or more attendees (a savings of at least $150) - please contact us to save on group registration
* $49.00 for currently enrolled college and high school students - must email copy of a valid student ID to Jason Banke. Use code: ITCR001
Inside The Cutting Room: Sight, Sound and Story will take place at the French Institute at 55 East 59th Street. A networking party with open bar, hors d'oeuvres and sponsored giveaways is included in the price.
Headquartered in downtown New York, Manhattan Edit Workshop was founded in 2002 with the goal of providing cutting-edge instruction on Apple(R), Adobe(R) and Avid(R) platforms. Since then, Mewshop has added Digital Cinema Production classes, DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk(R) Smoke(R), Assimilate Scratch training and a two-week documentary film production course to its already impressive curriculum. Mewshop's signature Six-Week Intensive is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in post-production, while weekend and one-week courses introduce and solidify core editing concepts. Corporate and group training offer a customized curriculum, either in-house or on-site, for professionals eager to learn a new skill or to build on existing ones. The facility's focus on small workshops, highly skilled and certified faculty, and a results-oriented curriculum have quickly won it the reputation as New York's premier post-production teaching facility. Copyright (C) 2013 Manhattan Edit Workshop. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.