July 27, 2013 in Music (F)
[prMac.com] Roseville, California - Let the music play: Qusik announced the official launch of Qusik DJ Music & Mic, a plug-n-party smart app that helps anyone sound like a professional DJ - no training or expensive mixing equipment required. Qusik is the only DJ Mixer PA system that features mic-over-audio innovation, where users can run music and talk over the audio at the same time. Free to use, Qusik is available for immediate download in the Apple iTunes store.
The use of traditional turntables leaves those in charge of event music on the party sidelines. Qusik is designed to solve this problem. The smartphone app makes it possible for MCs, party hosts or designated individuals to manage event audio as they mingle. A ducking feature lowers the music volume while the user is speaking on the built-in PA system, and a reverb option adds greater effect. Users can also step things up a notch by adding a wireless microphone or external speakers.
No expensive hardware is required. iPhone and iPad users gain instant access to the fully integrated DJ Mixer with the touch of a button. By importing tracks from an existing iTunes library, Qusik users can quickly "queue" the music for any event. The mic-over- audio innovation is constant, helping anyone sound like a professional DJ with a wide range of powerful features:
* Non-stop music mixing with seamless transitions
* Auto-ducking, quality enhancement and reverb
* Customizable start-stop times for individual tracks
* Automatic fade and cross-fade of songs and playlists
* Independent/Master volume control for songs and playlists
* Internal/External microphone volume control
Users also have the ability to import multiple playlists at the same time and organize them by category.
"Why pay more for a DJ than you would pay for catering or renting a venue?" asks Qusik lead project developer Jason Everett. "Qusik gives you everything you need to run music like a professional at a fraction of the price."
Ideal for managing audio and music at weddings, sporting events, dance studios, nightclubs, private parties, or even during Zumba fitness sessions, Qusik continues to rack up favorable reviews:
* "I had my friend run my 30th birthday party using Qusik, and he's not even DJ," says customer Morgan C. "All of my guests were looking around for the DJ booth, which of course wasn't there. My party music was flawless!"
* Wedding groom Jerry C. writes, "My son-in-law was able to DJ our wedding from the head table. Qusik really is amazing!"
Qusik DJ Music & Mic is the winner of the Silver Addy Award 2013 for Digital Creative Technology - Interface & Navigation, UI Design.
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 2.6 MB - iPhone version
* 8.9 MB - iPad version
Pricing and Availability:
Qusik Mini 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and Qusik DJ Music & Microphone 1.04 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in Roseville, California, Qusik was founded by indie developer Jason Everett. More information is available on the Qusik website. Copyright (C) 2013 Qusik. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.