September 4, 2013 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Sarasota, Florida - Jeff Gilder of The Golf Director describes the "Golf History with Peter Alliss" iPad App as a "mind-boggling collection of photographs/video/illustrations/text that covers the game's history, traditions and champions from the earliest accounts of the game to the 1950's". The app, designed as an interactive timeline, spans the development of golf from Mary Queen of Scots and Old Tom Morris to the golden years of Bobby Jones. As a limited special offer, the app is now priced at $0.99 or local equivalent, and has reduced all seven in-app modules to only $0.99 each.
Each in-app module depicts the highlights of a discrete era. The seven eras are Orgins of Golf, Early History, Roots of American Golf, Bobby Jones, Ladies Golf, the Open Championship and the U.S. Open. Moreover each of the seven eras contains colorful stories about golf's legends, their lifestyles and the courses on which they played. With hundreds of original historical photographs, and original, documentary-style videos "Golf History with Peter Alliss" is extremely informative and entertaining.
Peter Alliss recounts personal anecdotes throughout the app. As a professional golfer, 8-time Ryder Cup player and television commentator, Mr. Alliss is also an author, course designer, humorist and provocateur. He was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2012. He is acclaimed for worldly wisdom and insights into the game of golf.
* More than 600 rare historical photographs
* Over 500 original stories on golf, its champions, fashion and lifestyle
* 100 exclusive videos featuring Peter Alliss and noted golf historians sharing personal memories, historical facts and anecdotes on the game
* An interactive timeline outlining significant events in the history of golf, major champions, evolution of social mores, early societies, courses, equipment and much more
* Image captions with titles, dates, locations and descriptions
* Keyword search to quickly locate all content
* The ability to save content to personal favorites
* Sharing of images and stories via Twitter, Facebook and email
* The ability to scroll across timelines, tiles, and images
* Full screen image zooming
* The option to order selected photographs as museum-quality archival prints
The app is published by Exulto Media, Inc and has been designed and developed in partnership with Polymash Inc.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 303 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Golf History with Peter Alliss 1.2 is $0.99 or local equivalent with in-app purchases of additional content also priced at $0.99 or local equivalent, and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference and Sports categories.
Exulto Media, Inc. is the publisher of Golf History with Peter Alliss iPad app. The app is published by Exulto Media, Inc. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Exulto Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.