December 16, 2013 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Richmond, Virginia - A great drink is more than a sensory experience and goes beyond chemistry. It relaxes or enlivens. It helps strike up new friendships or deepen old ones. It gives the joy of finding something new or the pleasure of connoisseurship. The right drink in the right place puts you in a moment like nothing else can.
We're creating a community to find those drinks, to locate those places, and to share those moments. So, we're proud to announce Elixr for iPhone and Android. And, we invite your readers on a journey to Discover Great Drinks.
Elixr's main features:
* Check-in. Take a photo of your drink and edit it in creative ways. Tell us what you had and where. Rate the drink. Post it to your favorite social networks or keep it private.
* Interact. Find out what your friends are having. Make new connections based on drinks you love or where you are. Like and comment on drinks. Add interesting drinks to your favorite and to-do lists.
* Discover. Find the best drink venues nearby or around the world. See who's making great cocktails and who has a tempting beer or wine list.
* Search. The quest for the best drinks and venues can be challenging. Search across all of Elixr to find exactly what you're looking for.
Elixr's new features include:
* An all-new design for iOS 7. We didn't just update a few icons, we started over, thinking through every view and interaction to make sure Elixr was a first-class citizen on iPhone.
* Search. Find anything on Elixr, including drinks, venues, members and even your own past check-ins.
* Photoless check-ins. No time to line up a shot? Simply tap 'Skip' to quickly check-in without a photo.
* Refocused Nearby View. See a list of places nearby known for good or great drinks. Perfect for choosing a venue based on your (and your friends') tastes.
* To-do list. Keep a running list of the drinks you've come across and have been meaning to try.
* Custom photo filtering. Not happy with the preset filters? Tweak your shot to your liking. Don't worry, we'll store your settings between sessions.
* Bartenders. Now you can claim who made your drink and give them credit. You can see a list of known bartenders at a venue, as well.
* Private check-ins. These check-ins go into your history but are visible only to you.
* Member notifications. Want to know every time a particular member posts? Get push notifications with the flip of a switch.
To celebrate the artistry of great bartenders, we're also launching the Elixr Discovery Series. It's a glimpse into the minds of people making great drinks, starting in our hometown of Richmond, Virginia. See their stories on our website.
* iOS 7 or later or Android 4.1 or higher
* 12.4 MB for iPhone or 6.1MB for Android
Pricing and Availability:
Elixr 2.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store for iPhone and the Google Play for Android. Requests for interviews or further information related to Elixr please contact Marc LaFountain.
Elixr was created by Marc LaFountain and Jeff Rock and crafted by the team at Mobelux. Marc was Vice President of Support at Tumblr and now lives in Switzerland. Jeff is Co-founder of Mobelux and Elixr's Product Director. Jeff and the Mobelux team are based in Richmond, Virginia. Mobelux is a dedicated collective of designers and developers focused on building dynamic experiences for mobile and web. Tumblrette, Mobelux's first iPhone app, was acquired in 2009 by Tumblr and re-released as Tumblr for iPhone and developed the initial Instapaper for Android app in partnership with Marco Arment. More recently, Mobelux developed the platform and brand for Need, Curated Shopping for Men, in partnership with Matt Alexander. We are also proud to have Tumblr Founder and CEO David Karp as an Elixr investor. Copyright (C) 2013 Elixr LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.