April 29, 2014 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Stockholm, Sweden - Prevent costly power failure damages with PowerAid for iOS7: A loud and reliable power failure monitor. Agile Dimension just released PowerAid, the app that brutally awakes you in case of a nightly power failure. Compared to earlier apps, it has a louder, more effective alarm signal. Designed to awaken even hearing impaired and optimized for the visually impaired by being Apple VoiceOver compliant.
If the power circuit breaker trips or if there is a blackout whilst you are asleep, it can end up costing you thousands. Food worth hundreds in the freezer lost. Heating stops. Your baby or toddlers might freeze. The baby alarm stops working. Your saltwater aquarium gets ruined. Basement sump pump stops. The burglar alarm gets disabled. PowerAid protects your house for just 99 cents. Even if PowerAid awakes you just once, it will probably be your wisest investment ever.
* Simple usage - Start the app, plug in the power adapter and go to sleep - You are safe
* Designed with hearing and visually impaired in mind - VoiceOver friendly
* Reliable - 4+ years proven functionality from its predecessor app; Electricity
* Log functionality to track the power failure periods
* Built-in flashlight available when you wake up from the alarm in the dark
* Loud alarm signal, designed to conform with the latest research about effective alarm signals by the U.S. National Fire Protection Association
* All previous v1.0 demo users are upgraded to premium users for free
* The app may also be used as a anti-theft alarm while charging an iPhone in public places
The app PowerAid builds on the successful Electricity iOS app, published by Agile Dimension four years ago, which has helped thousands of people during the Hurricane Sandy and other difficult situations. The Electricity app is still available on the App Store since it can be used with old iOS 3.0 devices. Electricity has so far received a 4.5 star average rating in the US, being the first power failure alarm available in the App Store.
Sample review of Electricity in the US App Store:
"A must have! I was worried this winter that if the power went out at night I would not know, and that means my poor dogs would freeze w/o the heater in their dog house. Then my husband said 'I bet there's an app for that'. Heck ya! This thing rocks! So worth it. I turn it on religiously every night before bed. My doggies thank you!!!!" - B4nightfall (United States) (Five Stars)
The app was previously called "Power?" but was renamed to "PowerAid" for App Store optimization. According to Forrester, Over 60% of apps are discovered through app store searches.
* iPhone, iPod, or iPad running iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal app, optimized for display on all iOS devices
Pricing and Availability:
PowerAid 1.1 is $0.99 USD and available worldwide through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Agile Dimension Inc. is a company with passion for the beauty in functionality and simplicity. As Albert Einstein once said; 'Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler'. The company is a 21th century network of talents, with published apps since the start of the App Store in 2008. Copyright (C) 2014 Agile Dimension Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.