May 6, 2014 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - TTPM, the number one source for all things play, announced that the Shop for Kids by TTPM app is now optimized for iPad through a universal update. The app simplifies the experience of searching for and buying children's products and provides access to the extensive TTPM database of thousands of in-depth expert reviews on the latest toys, baby gear, pet toys, sporting goods, children's books, video games, and apps.
The user friendly app addresses how consumers shop today, allowing them to search for products, watch video reviews, view product ratings, and compare current prices at leading retailers, before tapping to purchase. The app also features optional notifications on sales.
"Our goal is to simplify the purchasing process and create an all-inclusive resource that provides everything necessary to decide what and where to buy," said Jim Silver, CEO/editor in chief at TTPM. "Our Shop for Kids app leverages the ease and convenience of iPad, allowing parents and gift givers to research and find the right product for a child at the best price without all the work of polling friends for what's hot or scouring the internet for deals."
Key features of the Shop for Kids by TTPM app include:
Thousands of Searchable Video Reviews:
* TTPM database features 5,000 new video reviews each year from a team of experts and is updated daily; categories include toys, baby gear, pet toys, kids electronics, video games, sporting goods, and children's books and apps
* Complete product profiles - what it is, why it's fun, who it's for, and what to be aware of
* Video reviews - independent editorial review of every product on the site, complete with a demonstration of how it works and pros and cons
* Editor's Ranking - each item is rated 1-5 stars on several important factors
* Search the database using filters for gender, age, type of product, and price range
Live Price Comparison at Leading Retailers:
* View real-time, online price and availability of a product at major retailers: Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us, buybuy BABY, GameStop, Best Buy, Sports Authority, Modell's Sporting Goods, PetSmart, and Wag.com.
* Tap to purchase immediately on retailers' sites
* Receive updates on when specific products go on sale
TTPM is the #1 source for all things play where consumers can research and find the best playthings. TTPM is the only site that combines expert reviews (video and written) with live price comparison, one-click purchasing, and product availability at major retailers including Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us, buybuy BABY, GameStop, Best Buy, Sports Authority, Modell's Sporting Goods, PetSmart, and Wag.
Shop for Kids app by TTPM give consumers all the details they need to make educated purchasing decisions and save time and money. TTPM ensures parents and gift givers are finding the right products for kids at the best prices. The seasoned TTPM editorial team reviews thousands of products each year, providing comprehensive video and written reviews of toys, baby products, kids' electronics, sporting goods, and family friendly video games, apps, books, and movies.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 6.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Shop for Kids by TTPM 2.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. For more information or to download the app, visit TTPM online. The TTPM team can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+.
TTPM was founded in 2008 by longtime toy industry experts Jim Silver, CEO/editor-in-chief, and Chris Byrne, content director, aka The Toy Guy(R). More than 30 years working in toys and play has enabled Silver to forge relationships with industry leaders and influencers. These relationships provide Silver with the inside track for industry trends, news, and analysis. Byrne is widely published on the topic of toys and family life and in addition to his work with TTPM he is editor-at-large for the trade publications Toys & Family Entertainment and Royalties. His latest book, "Toy Time" was published by the Three Rivers imprint of Random House in October, 2013, and his next book, "Serious Fun: An Introduction to the U.S. Toy Industry" is due out from Business Experts Press in early 2014. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 TTPM. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.