June 20, 2014 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Cincinnati, Ohio - Everyday Apps LLC today is proud to announce the release of MAD Designer 5.0.0, an important update to their native report designer for Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. MAD Designer allows you to design business intelligence reports against MySQL and SQL Server. The reports can then be shared with users of iOS devices. Version 5.0 adds a new data caching features that is important for enterprise customers.
MAD Designer already solves many of the hard problems related to mobile reporting:
* The tool provides native database drivers to SQL Server and MySQL, for fast and reliable connections. This means that connections to the database are done directly from your iOS device, without connecting to ODBC or other middleware. The data brought back from the server can be grouped and sorted.
* It includes an ad hoc query generator, so that the business analysis using it does not need to write SQL manually.
* It provides a page layout system, so that reports are designed at a touch. Reporting elements include data labels with live data from your database, static labels, barcodes, aggregate functions, images, and more.
* It includes a barcode generator, so that the reports are useful.
* The reports and query details packaged into a exportable and sharable file (.MAD) for easy sharing; while your database credentials remains in your phones encrypted keychain.
* It allows for the export of PDFs, so that your rendered product may be shared with others.
MAD Designer solves all these mobile BI challenges, and now it can do it with even more data. It's traditional for desktop reporting software, and other mobile reporting software, to hold all of the reports contents in virtual memory or RAM. It was up to the consumer to acquire and install more RAM on their desktop system.
On mobile devices, this creates a huge limitation. Most devices have limited RAM, much of which is reserved for graphics, animation, web, device, and phone apps. Consumers are also generally not able to add more virtual memory. Generating a report with 100 MB or more of data on a mobile device would generally push the limits, if the reporting software is holding all of that memory virtually.
The most common solution to this issue is avoidance. Avoiding the issue, and using a web solution is not idea, because it's a degraded user experience. Other options are to limit the amount of data available to the user through artificial constraints.
MAD Designer does not suffer from the common issues related to reporting on large amounts of data.
The data used by reports in MAD Designer 5.0 are not limited by the amount of virtual data on your mobile device; the data is efficiently cached and referenced as needed. The amount of random access memory used by the application grows very little in proportion with the size of the reports. This opens the door to a whole new class of mobile BI and reporting.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 14.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MAD Designer 5.0.0 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category.
Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, Everyday Apps is a developer of mobile applications and founded in 2009 by Michael Thomason. They build iOS software geared towards the enterprise, business, and educational markets. MAD is a registered trademark of Everyday Apps LLC. Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Everyday Apps LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.