July 30, 2014 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Ripley, Derbyshire. United Kingdom - chol.technology are pleased to announce Version 1 of a brand new MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB and SQLite SQL Query and Data Import / Export program for Mac OSX, Windows and Linux. Three Operating Systems, Four Databases and Five Languages Supported including in addition to English; French, Spanish, Italian and German. Clear and unrestrictive Software Licensing, putting customers needs first.
oneSql is a stand alone, lightweight, no install needed - SQL Database Tool for OSX, Windows and Linux.
The target audience for oneSql is initially technical people, Database Administrators, Developers, or 'power users' who need a simple, efficient, cross platform SQL Tool on their computer, or in the Utilities folder of their portable USB Drive. DBA's, System Admins, Developers, Accountants - all have a need for oneSql.
These users may currently have a favourite tool for each operating system platform they use. I'd like to supplement or even replace their existing tools with oneSql. I hope to do this by focusing on the features that are most important to them and eliminating those that seek to overcomplicate competing products.
We have also introduced new functionality that will likely interest those same individuals who can now get additional benefits from using oneSql. For example the ability to put the Mac, Windows and Linux versions of oneSql onto a USB Drive and then connect the drive to virtually any computer and load and use oneSql, without installation, is fairly unique and extremely useful.
With the unique 'User Prompt Fields' functionality, use within an organisation can extend far beyond the Technical User and to the desktop of the End User. Scripts written by the Technical User can be run as Reports by the End User without modification as each variable, for example Data Start and Date Finish, is prompted for appropriately. The End User needs to know nothing about SQL or the script.
* One SQL Tool for Mac, Windows and Linux
* One SQL Tool for SQLite, PostgreSQL, MariaDB and MySQL
* Unlimited Time Limit for the Trial Edition
* Unrestricted Features for the Trial Edition
* Small and Lightweight, Approx 20Mb for all Versions
* Speed with Reliability
* Scripts Library to Store Your Scripts for Future Use
* Easy and Simple to Use
* No Installation Required
* Save Time with Data Import Templates
* Saved Connections Stored Safely using Encryption
* Get Started Quickly with the Examples Database
* Productivity with User Prompt Fields
* Increased Database Security
* Full Manual Included as a PDF
* Written and Supported in the United Kingdom
* Simple, Fair and Inexpensive Licensing
* Zero Effort Corporate Licensing
* Corporate Licensing Available
* 50% Discount for Education Establishments and Students
* 50% Discount for Charities and Non Profits
* SQLite, MariaDB, PostgreSQL or MySQL
* Objects Tab - Tables, Views and Columns
* Fully Customiseable Results Grid
* Auto Highlighting of SQL Keywords
* User Editable SQL Keywords List
* Built in Script Library
* Example Database Supplied
* Export Data in Tab Delimited Format
* Export Data in CSV (Comma) Format
* Export Data in CSV (Semicolon) Format
* Export Data in JSON Format
* Save and Load SQL External Scripts
* One Click for Record Count, any Table
* Quick Query One Click to Fetch 20 Records
* One Click to Fetch All Records
* Insert a SQL Template
* SQL History List - Double Click to Recall
* Window Sizes and Positions Saved on Exit
* List View Configurations Saved on Exit
* Option to prefix Columns with Table Name
* Option to append a Comma to the Columns
* User Input Prompts
* Enhanced Connection Encryption Options
* Parsing of Multiple Statements
* Sequential Statement Execution
* Highlighted Statement Execution
Taking Security Seriously:
There are two choices for how encryption is used to secure your database connection information. The first choice encrypts the connection password in such a way that it is then specific to your computer. If you copy oneSql and the settings files onto another computer then the stored credentials will not work. This choice is ideal for use in a more secure environment, where for example access to databases is only permitted from select computers and / or locations.
The second choice encrypts the connection password in such a way that you can copy the oneSql folder from your computer, put it onto your laptop, or another computer, and your stored credentials will work fine.
This also means that you can copy oneSql onto a USB Drive, run it from that USB Drive on any Mac, Windows or Linux machine you plug it into.
'I believe oneSql has found its niche; simple and powerful. Unlike many other SQL Tools oneSql is slim and easy to work with' - Dennis, Beta Tester
With the development of oneSql came the development of a new Software Licensing scheme, designed to put customers first and to ensure they we never punish the genuine, fee paying customer for the actions of the software pirate. Our customer friendly, super simple software license is shown below:
'You can copy and use oneSql on your own personal computers with one instance of oneSql allowed to be in use at any one time. You can put oneSql on a USB device and plug that into anyones computer and use oneSql from the USB device for as long as you need. All Licenses are valid for all supported Operating Systems, all supported Languages and all supported Databases.'
Half price licenses available to Educational Establishments and Students also Charities and Non Profit Organisations.
Software Referral Scheme:
Also new with oneSql is a Software Referral Scheme. Payment will be made to an existing customer thirty days after a new customer makes a purchase based on an existing customers referral, and quoting the existing customers referral ID within forty eight hours of purchase. The payment amount is ten percent of the new customers spend (before taxes) and the payment will be made via Paypal.
Pricing and Availability:
oneSql is available now from $30 (USD) for the Single User Edition.
We wanted to do something different to mark the release of oneSql, so we have decided that the first 10 people to purchase any edition of oneSql, with the exception of the Single User Standard Edition, will receive a Limited Edition oneSql mug (1 of only 20 in existence) as well as a goody bag of assorted promotional items and 10% cash back after 30 days. We'll ship these bonus items anywhere in the world.
The first 100 purchasers of oneSql Single User Standard Edition receive 10% cash back after 30 days.
oneSql is dedicated to Alison Fowler RIP.
chol.technology is the trading name for Steven Cholerton. Since the late 1980's Steven has been heavily involved in Software Development and Information Technology. He is a Chartered Information Technology Professional, awarded by the British Computer Society, a Fellow of the Institution of Analysts and Programmers, a Certified Ethical Hacker, an Oracle Certified Professional, author of several eBooks and many Commercial Software Products, and a committed and passionate developer of Custom and Bespoke software for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android. Steven personally designed and wrote the R10Cipher file encryption software used by Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Cancer Research UK. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 chol.technology. All Rights Reserved. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.