August 12, 2009 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Reston, VA - About Objects has announced October, 2009 course dates for its series of popular iPhone developer training courses in Cupertino, CA. Courses in the series - ANSI C Programming (October 12-15), Objective-C for Beginners (October 16-17), and the iPhone Programming Workshop (October 19-23) - can be purchased individually, or as a single unit (iPhone for Beginners Super Bundle). Classes will be held at the Cupertino Inn, a couple of blocks from the Apple campus.
The courses in the series are built around hands-on lab exercises that allow participants to learn the ANSI C programming language, Objective-C, iPhone-related libraries and frameworks, and Apple's development tools, including Xcode, Interface Builder, in a progressive series of steps. Attendees begin by writing simple ANSI C and Objective-C programs and gradually work their way up to writing full-fledged iPhone apps with a variety of features. Class sizes are deliberately kept small to ensure plenty of hands-on guidance; typically, classes comprise eight to twelve attendees.
Topics covered include the following:
* Using the iPhone SDK's Xcode IDE and Interface Builder
* ANSI C programming* Objective-C basics for the iPhone
* Foundation classes* Managing the iPhone's memory and other resources
* IPhone app design patterns
* Custom drawing and animation
* iPhone touch screen user interaction
* Working with iPhone user interface controls such as buttons, text fields, etc.
* Using table views to present and manage data
* Working with the iPhone's navigation and tab bar controllers
* Working with web content
* Persisting iPhone user and application data
* Working with the iPhone's accelerometer, location data, and other core services.
* Working with Interface Builder's .nib files
All three courses are taught by noted developer and author Jonathan Lehr. Jonathan has over a decade of experience developing software in Objective-C for Apple platforms, and has trained hundreds of developers in these technologies.
About Objects is a leading source of training and development in Objective-C on the iPhone OS and Mac OS X platforms, and was the first company in the world to offer public developer training on the iPhone SDK. Headquartered in the Accenture building in Reston, VA, About Objects offers public training at multiple locations, including Cupertino, CA, as well as onsite training. The company also provides development and consulting services for the iPhone OS and Mac OS X. Copyright 2009 About Objects. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.