August 17, 2014 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Veteran independent studio Origin8 Technologies are happy to announce that their latest iOS strategy title, Sentinel 4: Dark Star, launches on the iTunes App Store. The Sentinel sci-fi Tower Defense series launched in 2009 with Sentinel: Mars Defense, and now includes releases on iOS, Android, Mac and PC/Steam. Consistently highly rated and reviewed, the previous instalment Sentinel 3: Homeworld earned a Metacritic score of 87.
In Sentinel 4: Dark Star, the series' award-winning strategy gameplay expands explosively as the interstellar war moves to a mysterious alien world. Deploy devastating new towers and technology against an enemy that's smarter and more deadly than ever before. Battle across vast landscapes and earn a wealth of upgrades as you explore the mystery of the Dark Star. Are you ready for the ultimate Sentinel challenge, Commander?
* A huge campaign across 26 unique maps, each also playable in Endless mode
* Defend massive, multi-screen landscapes and marathon paths
* A bestiary full of new and returning enemies. Their special abilities and varied behaviour will keep even veteran players on their toes
*The aliens fight back with the ability to damage, disable and destroy towers. How will you choose to counter them?
* Pick your loadout from an extensive assortment of weaponry. Unlock Uber Towers that pack power to match their size
* Deploy your own units onto the path to hinder attackers
* Call in support from the skies with the Sentinel's trademark ship weapons
* Unleash drones, nukes and more from your new improved Stronghold
* Control Commander heroes to back up your defenses. Earn experience and level up to gain powerful new abilities
* Real-time dynamic lighting and shader effects bring atmosphere to the alien landscape for the best Sentinel experience yet
* Spend your earnings on a massive selection of persistent upgrades to support your play style and complement your tactics
* Upload your score to the Global Nexus and contribute to the worldwide cooperative push for rewards
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later
* 227 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Sentinel 4: Dark Star 1.0.0 launches at $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Origin8 is an experienced independent developer based in London, UK. Founded by two video game veterans with over 50 years of development experience between them, and with a team whose credits cover a vast number of platforms from the Sinclair Spectrum onwards, they specialise in games and entertainment for iOS, Android, PC and Mac. Their recent projects include the iOS and Android revival of classic PC business sim Transport Tycoon. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Origin8. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.