August 21, 2014 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Canach, Luxembourg - publicspace has brought Vitamin-R, its powerful time boxing solution in the Pomodoro Technique tradition, from the Mac to the iPhone. Vitamin-R creates optimal conditions for your brain by structuring your work into short bursts of distraction-free, highly-focused activity alternating with opportunities for renewal, reflection and intuition. The built-in task logging and analysis features create positive momentum towards productivity by providing you with visible feedback on your progress and achievements.
Today's latest release introduces Dropbox sync between the iPhone and the Mac version. This new feature allows users to capture time slices whether they are working on their desks or on the go. Dropbox sync can be used to sync between multiple Macs, iOS devices or simply as an off-device backup method.
Slices Up Daunting Tasks into Manageable Chunks:
* Vitamin-R breaks down large, vaguely defined tasks into a series of short "time slices" of between 10 and 30 minutes, each with specific, easily reachable and actionable objectives. During these time slices it keeps you focused on accomplishing only this one objective and provides you with mechanisms for dealing with interruptions, poor concentration, etc.
Gets You Started:
* Vitamin-R concentrates on getting you started allowing you to break through the resistance of procrastination and create a positive feedback loop of small achievements that get you closer to your ultimate aims. You will experience less stress caused by looming deadlines and a lack of clear direction, thus enabling you to enjoy guilt-free breaks that allow your intuition and creativity to emerge.
Keeps You Focused:
* Vitamin-R features an array of highly configurable visual, audio and speech notifications that get you back to your task as soon as your attention starts wandering.
Effective Task Switching:
* Task switching is a big, but often unavoidable productivity killer. So when you need to switch tasks Vitamin-R will make it as efficient as possible and help you pick up where you left off later on.
* Regular breaks are not for slackers. In fact, taking regular breaks is especially important for people who work with high focus. Vitamin-R's timed breaks make sure that your renewal break does not turn into a free afternoon and the "priming" technique allows your intuition to work overtime before you even start on a time slice.
Find Your Rhythm:
* Each one of us is different. Finding out what works best for you is the key to true productivity. Vitamin-R gives you the tools to gain awareness of where you spend your time and what works for you. Armed with this new knowledge, you can eliminate unproductive work patterns and discover the work rhythm that suits you best.
Make It Your Own:
* Vitamin-R plugs into your life rather than trying to take it over. You can use it occasionally to overcome procrastination or mental blocks or re-organize your entire working life around the concepts that it embodies.
Ideal for Pomodoro Technique:
* Vitamin-R provides everything you need to implement the Pomodoro Technique: sophisticated timer, log book and analysis components.
Always in sync:
* Multiple iOS devices and Macs can be kept synchronized easily with Dropbox sync
Attention Deficit Disorder:
* Vitamin-R was never specifically designed with ADHD "suffers" in mind, but many ADHD-ers have found Vitamin-R's approach to focusing attention particularly valuable.
* Vitamin-R is used by many students, especially in Medical School (who will get the joke) to revise for their exam and help them achieve to the best of their abilities.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 3.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Vitamin-R for iPhone 1.0.7 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category.
publicspace was founded by Frank Reiff, Ph.D. in 1996 with the aim of producing affordable best-of-breed software for the Macintosh. In the past two decades, our products including Vitamin-R, A Better Finder Rename, A Better Finder Attributes, &quot;The Big Mean Folder Machine&quot;, Photo Date Changer, File Date Changer, Noise Machine and MacBreakZ have firmly established themselves in their respective product categories. Copyright (C) 2014 publicspace. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.