December 10, 2014 in Publishing (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Softobe has announced the release of PageMeUp 1.1, their easy-to-use page layout maker for OS X to create web sites, magazines, brochures, flyers, business cards and more. PageMeUp lets you quickly lay out your text and images with the utmost simplicity and get a professional PDF document or build your web site.
Simply drag, import or paste images and text onto the PageMeUp document then resize and place them on the page. A powerful snap assistant will help you at aligning the boxes on the page. Edit and format your text, scale the images (custom, fit, fill), apply the color profile, shadow, fill or gradient background, border, mask, rotation, opacity, flip, web links, page HTML metadata; then print or export as PDF, HTML, TIFF, PNG or JPG using your ICC Color Profile (CMYK or RGB), compressions, quality and resolution.
Version 1.1 is a recommended update for all customers, offering a number of bug fixes and improvements.
* Added the Mask Polygon. Set the mask of text boxes and image boxes to "Polygon" then choose the number of the sides
* Added the Mask Star. Set the mask of text boxes and image boxes to "Star" then choose the number of the vertices and the inset value
* PageMeUp properly exports rects, rounded-corner rects, ovals, polygons and stars to PDF and HTML. When exporting to HTML, PageMeUp exports the boxes either as HTML with selectable text, or as a fixed image at the resolution chosen (mark the check box Export As Image on the Inspector/Web/HTML panel)
* PageMeUP can now import EPS image files. As per any other image (TIF, GIF, PNG, JPG, PDF...) drag the EPS image file onto the page to import it into the document. Also you can drag the EPS file onto an existing image box on the page to import that image within that image box. Last, you can import the image file by selecting the menu item File:Import or by pressing Command-D. If no image box is selected, PageMeUp up will import that image within a brand new image box. If an image box is selected, PageMeUp will import that image within the selected image box
* Added the Page Icon Preview to the page list on the left side of the document window
* Added the Existing URLs pop-up menu to the Inspector/Web/Link panel. Select an image box or a text box, mark the check box Link on the panel Inspector/Web/Link then select the item External URL from the Link pop-up menu. Now you can quickly pick your previously defined External URLs from the pop-up at the right of the field URL
* You can now get a multiple page PDF preview. On the page list at the left side of the document window, set BOOK mode, then select several pages by clicking on the page icons while holding down the Command key. Then click on the Preview button to get a multiple page PDF preview
* If you click on the Preview button (eye icon) while holding down the Option key, you will be shown the Preview Settings panel on which you can set the PPI, compression, and output file format
* PageMeUp now lets you define a different page size for each page. On the Inspector panel we added a new panel called Page where you can easily set a page style by the Style pop-up menu. The default, As Document, uses the settings defined in the Inspector/Document panel. If you choose the item Custom from the pop-up menu Style you can customize the page size, Background Color and the Stage (pasteboard) Color of the currently-selected page
* The Print panel always prints the pages of the document (or creates a PDF file) using the current page size chosen. If your document contains pages with different page sizes and you need to get a PDF with a different page size, your should export your document to PDF by selecting the menu item File: Export. Then select PDF from the popup menu Format, select the radio button To File: Unique then press Export
* Added the paper Orientation option to the Print panel
* Added the custom page Scale option to the Print panel
* Added the Scale to fit page check box to the Print panel. Select the item "PageMeUp" from the popup menu, then mark/unmark this check box
* Added the Print Header check box to the Print panel. When this option is selected, PageMeUp will print the name of the document, the page number, the total number of pages, the print date, the print time and the user name on the header of each page. e.g. "MyDocument - Page 6 of 14 - Printed on 2014.11.20 16:52 by john"
* Added the Print Header check box to the Preview panel. See above
* Fixed a bug when undoing "Delete Page"
* Fixed a bug when choosing a color from a Color Panel different than Gray, RGB, CMYK and HSB
* Fixed a rare bug that caused a crash when printing-previewing a document
* Fixed a rare bug that caused a crash when saving a document
* Addressed an issue when selecting a box on top of the selected box
* Addressed an issue on the HTML Compatibility Test
* Addressed an issue on the HTML code when the decimal separator on the System Preferences panel is different than a dot (".").
* Addressed an issue on the HTML Opacity parameter
* Addressed an issue on the HTML Shadow parameter
* Addressed an issue on the HTML Border parameter of rotated boxes.
* Addressed an issue at changing the RGB or CMYK Color Profile and display the change on the page
* Addressed an issue at preserving the shape of the buttons (boxes with clickable URL links) when exporting to PDF. Clicking on a button on the exported PDF will properly open your default browser at the linked page
* Other minor fixes and improvements
* Requires OS X Version 10.8 or higher
* For Intel
Pricing and Availability:
PageMeUp 1.1 is available as a full-featured demo. A single user license is $30.00 USD. Registered 1.x.x customers may upgrade for free to all the next 1.x.x releases.
Located in Paris, France, Softobe is a software development company for OS X and iOS. Copyright (C) 2014 Softobe. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.