April 28, 2015 in Project Tracking (E)
[prMac.com] Berkeley, California - Imaja today is proud to announce the release of TaskInsight 3.7, enhancing the speech controls and providing new actions for task list and timeline management. TaskInsight is a tool for productivity and business, with a rich feature set and iCloud support on Mac OS X.
Control TaskInsight with your voice and the speech commands module. Select and change tasks and views with speech commands. Listen to TaskInsight speak tasks, details and other information about the system. Using speech controls lets you work with your task documents hands-free and eyes-free. Task management functions are faster and easier to perform with speech commands. Use the App Speech Commands window for reference. Speech Commands are available as an In App Purchase.
Significant new features:
* The speech commands system has been enhanced with many new commands. A new quick reference view displays the complete speech commands phrase system and variations.
* On systems with trackpads, use pinch and spread touch gestures for zooming in the Timeline view, and for text resizing.
* Easily open all of the URLs (web or file links) in selected tasks, for fast viewing of web page references, or references to files, folders, or apps on your system. Use a keyboard shortcut to open URLs.
* Use window transparency to beautifully integrate your customized task views with your background desktop pictures.
* Added support for iCloud Drive on Yosemite, and continuing support for iCloud on older OS X systems.
* New AppleScript scripts perform useful functions on task documents, to modify tasks and task display settings. One useful new script is Reschedule Tasks Sequentially.
Imaja's Greg Jalbert, project manager and software developer, points out the salient new features, "The enhanced speech controls make it even faster and easier to work with project schedules and task attributes. I've expanded my use of TaskInsight on several new projects, from 50 to 500 tasks."
TaskInsight's foundation includes priorities, labels, color coding, timeline and table views, background images, manual and automatic sorting, customizable views, several optional fields, easy importation of tasks, and contextual menus.
Essential functions include Search, Recent Searches, Shift Time, complex sorting, text font, size and color setttings, background color, image and transparency settings, priority colors for List and Timeline views, a full set of keyboard shortcuts and keyboard navigation options, and many more. To share task documents, import and export functions support TSV (tab-separated values) and XML files, or export PDFs via the Print command.
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TaskInsight 3.7 is available for the price of $19.99 (USD), available worldwide exclusively from Apple's Mac App Store in the Productivity and Business categories.
Located in Berkeley, California, USA, Imaja was founded in 1985 by Greg Jalbert. The company develops and publishes a variety of productivity, business, graphic design, animation, music and educational software for Mac OS X, iOS and Mac OS 9, and music and video. All Material and Software (C) 1985-2015 Imaja / All Rights Reserved. Apple, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.