May 11, 2015 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Oslo, Norway - KreativeSpill A/S announces today their partnership with award-winning sound designer Jory Prum for their upcoming episodic point-and-click adventure game series "Norse Noir: Loki's Exile", a classic-style, hand-drawn adventure game in which the roaring 20s and Norse mythology collide. Prum's extensive knowledge and expertise as a veteran of the gaming and film industries, including Telltale's award-winning The Walking Dead games, Lucasarts' Escape from Monkey Island, and DoubleFine's Broken Age, contribute to crafting the game's distinct, multi-worldly setting.
The partnership with Prum complements the game's unique approach to its voice cast, assembled by casting and voice director Melanie Ehrlich, comprising both industry veterans and talented newcomers. The game's all-star main cast starts off strong with its main character, Lars Kristiansen, and his alter-ego Loki, voiced by Spike Spencer (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach, BlazBlue, World of Warcraft), and also includes Stephanie Sheh (Legend of Korra, Sailor Moon, Naruto), Vic Mignogna (Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball Z), Lisa Ortiz (Pokemon, One Piece) and Mike Pollock (Sonic The Hedgehog, Yu-Gi-Oh). Rounding it out are up-and-coming actors such as Daisy Guevara, who voices local shoeshine boy Hemingway, and SungWon Cho in a dual performance as both mafia goon Lenny and swaggering huntsman Fredric.
"Collaborating with KreativeSpill on Norse Noir has been a wonderful opportunity all around, but this voice cast is something special," says Ehrlich, who also appears in-game as tough-as-nails Sgt. Betty Amaria. "I'm particularly excited about the combination of known talent like Stephanie Sheh and Spike Spencer AND some very talented newcomers as well! It's always nice to give new voices the opportunity to be heard."
"Norse Noir has very much been a project of love for the team," said designer & writer Brad L. McAtee, "but having such amazing talent breathing life into both our characters and our sound design has really made the game shine in ways we never thought possible. Everyone has turned in a stellar performance and we can't wait to show it off to the public very soon."
Norse Noir: Loki's Exile is scheduled for launch on PC and Mac via Steam, as well as on Windows Phone, in late May, 2015. The full cast list for the game can be viewed at the bottom of this release, or on IMDb.
About Melanie Ehrlich:
Melanie is a NYC-based actress and director, with hundreds of on-camera and voice acting credits to her name. She is the owner of both LTM Casting and MB VoiceWorks, through which she recently cast and directed Media Blasters' first ever in-house anime dub, Holy Knight. For more information about Melanie please visit the website listed below, or email Laurel Delany at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Jory Prum:
Jory K. Prum is an award-winning sound designer & audio engineer with over twenty years of experience in the film and gaming industries. His credits include Telltale Game's "The Walking Dead", LucasArts' "Escape from Monkey Island", and Double Fine's "Broken Age", as well as recently mixing the new orchestral score for LucasArts' 1998 classic, "Grim Fandango". For more information about Jory, please visit the website listed below
Official Cast List for Norse Noir: Loki's Exile, Chapter 1
* Spike Spencer (Neon Genesis Evangelion, BlazBlue, World of Warcraft): Lars * Kristiansen/Loki
* Stephanie Sheh (Legend of Korra, Sailor Moon, Naruto, Bleach): Dandy Swahn
* Brittany Lauda (HuniePop, Strife, Heroes of Newerth): Sheila Swahn
* Lisa Ortiz (Pokemon, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, Slayers): Ida Swahn
* Leer Leary (Silent Hill: Downpour, 30 Rock): Edgar/Aegir
* Sandra Espinoza (Supreme League of Patriots, Apotheon): Freida/Freyja
* Remy/Thor: Josef Gagnier (Lords of Xulima): Remy/Thor
* Daisy Guevara (Muerte En El Infierno): Hemingway/Heimdallr
* Sungwon Cho (Apotheon, A Hat in Time): Lenny and Fredric
* Josh Tomar (Skullgirls, Sword Art Online): Nelson
* Mike Pollock (Sonic the Hedgehog, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Pokemon): Tyrone
* Lucien Dodge (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Guilty Gear Xrd, Diablo III): Chesterfield and Odin
* Melanie Ehrlich (YIIK, Holy Knight, Lords of Xulima): Sgt. Betty Amaria
* Vic Mignogna (Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Dragon Ball Z): Fimafeng
* Karen Kahler (Heroes of Newerth, Dust: An Elysian Tail): Landlady Farwood/Ran
* Featured background actors: Kristin Wilson (Bastion, Transistor), Michele Knotz (Pokemon, Street Fighter X Tekken), Devon Talbott (Blackhole, Technobabylon), Michael A. Zekas (Technobabylon, Lords of Xulima)
More information about KreativeSpill may be found at KreativeSpill online, and at Norse Noir's official website.
Founded in 2011 by CEO Jorgen Thrane and Lead Artist OJ Kielland, KreativeSpill is a Norwegian-based company focused on developing technology for gaming and artistic purposes. With several years of experience in the gaming industry each, KreativeSpill has since grown to five full-time employees, with additional contracted support members also in the company's employ. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 KreativeSpill A/S. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.