August 5, 2015 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Singapore - Independent developer, Paul Ong today is pleased to announce the release of Look Forward 1.2, an important update to his popular event tracking countdown app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Using Look Forward, anyone can enter information about important events in their life, and will then be updated daily as they anticipate the arrival of the big day. Users can also view what events other Look Forward people are counting down to as they await the arrival of their own event. Create an event, optionally share it with others, add a background that fits the theme, create a personal note, and start the countdown. Track events as they draw near with the help of the handy Look Forward Today widget for your iOS device's Notification Center.
"Look Forward helps track the dates and events that mean the most to people," says developer Paul Ong. "Anyone who can't wait for the big day to come - as they count the number of remaining days until a special holiday, anniversary, wedding, or even the release date for a new mobile device or video game - can now use Look Forward to track and receive updates on upcoming events while they countdown to the big day."
* Track Everything: Create an event, decide whether to share it with others, add a background, create a personal note, and start the countdown
* Get Notified: See all of today's countdowns via the built-in Today Screen widget
* Track What's Trending: Discover popular trending countdowns like movie premiers or an upcoming sports event
* Get Informed: Build anticipation for an upcoming event by keeping up with the latest news and links on the web
* Share It: Share upcoming events with family and friends. Or, take it a step further by sharing it with the whole world
* Sync the Dates: Sync upcoming events with popular calendar apps
* Access It: View Look Forward countdowns anywhere, on any device, using the look Forward website
Look Forward is handy even when users don't have any of their own personal events to track. Anyone can view what's trending with other members, and view & track the events that others are anticipating. Popular trending countdowns include movie premiers, sporting events, and electronic device release dates. While viewing what everyone around them is anticipating, users can easily add those events to their own list, in order to receive updates on the events as the date draws closer.
What's New in Version 1.2
* Create personal notes for each countdown
* Get more information on your countdowns through external links
* Bug Fixes
Users can also use Look Forward to build anticipation for their own upcoming events, by sharing all of the latest news and web links with other Look Forward users. Share the news with friends and family, or the entire Look Forward user base. The app's flexible sharing options allow users to share their events, building the expectations among other users while they enjoy the time leading up to their big day.
Look Forward can also share upcoming events with popular calendar apps on any iOS device, which can then be synced via the cloud to other devices and computers. Look Forward events can even be accessed on other platforms, including Mac, PC, and Android, via the Look Forward website. (Enhanced features such as web view require signup for the Look Forward service.)
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 11.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Look Forward 1.2 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
Based in Singapore, independent developer Paul Ong works to develop innovative and original apps for discerning iOS users. Paul's user-friendly apps are designed to aid users in their day-to-day lives, allowing them to efficiently complete their tasks by using apps that make better use of their time and cutting-edge technology. Copyright (C) 2015 Paul Ong. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.