September 14, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Auckland, New Zealand - Mac OS X File Recovery today is proud to announce the release of Mac Data Recovery Guru 3.0, an important update to its data recovery utility for Mac OS X. Mac Data Recovery Guru recovers all common file types from any kind of device that was deleted, including those that were lost due to accidental deleting or formatting, hardware malfunction, or any other case of data loss where the original data was not overwritten.
Mac Data Recovery Guru is easy to use. Users simply run the app, and then select the drive or volume they wish to scan. Users can then select to scan either for deleted files only, or for both deleted and regular files. The app takes care not to accidentally write over any deleted data by accessing the drive in read-only mode. While scanning, Mac Data Recovery Guru begins listing the files it has found that can be recovered by displaying them in a familiar column-based window, similar to that used by OS X Finder.
Once the scan is complete, users can select the files they wish to recover, select the drive and folder they want the recovered files written to, and click the "Recover" button. Following recovery, the users can then view the recovered files in their favorite file viewer or editor in order to complete the recovery process.
"Mac Data Recovery Guru's simple two-button interface makes it a perfect data recovery utility for Mac users of any level," says Ben Slaney, CEO of Mac OS X File Recovery. "While extremely powerful, we have taken care to make the app as simple as using the Finder interface that users access almost every day. However, even though the app's interface is simple, users can rest assured that they are using a powerful and advanced file recovery utility that can find deleted files that other recovery apps could miss. The app also is able to support a vast number of types of drives for scanning and recovery."
Mac Data Recovery Guru can scan any storage device on Mac, including those that are not visible, such as the Recovery Drive. With the ability to see and scan devices and volumes that OS X does not usually display to the user, Mac Data Recovery Guru offers expanded options for recovering deleted files.
* Instantly recover deleted files in Mac OS X
* User-friendly, Finder-like interface
* Displays thumbnail previews of files that are eligible for recovery
* Scan for deleted files, and recover those files simultaneously
* Finds lost files other disk recovery apps miss
* Identifies bad sectors and continues past them
* Recovers files from failing hard drives
* Free scan-only demo version available for download
* Scans for embedded files
* Completely integrated with Mac OS X to ensure safety of data
* Version 3.0 offers more reliable scanning, and supports even more recoverable file types
"The experience of using Data Recovery Guru was very painless," wrote reviewer Derek Schauland of TechRepublic (5 Jul 2012). "There was no need to ask for help or look online to figure out how the application worked and what it was all about, and the pricing for the program seems appropriate as well. The cost is $99. That's it. $99 for file recovery on a Mac with insane ease of use."
Devices Supported Include:
* Disks: Macintosh disks (HFS, HFS+, HFSX file systems); Windows disks (NTFS, FAT); Linux disks (Ext2, Ext3, Ext4); and Unix disks (XFS, UFS)
* Digital Cameras: Kodak, Minolta, Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Olympus, and Sigma
* Mobile Phones: Android, Nokia, Motorola, Palm, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Samsung, Sanyo, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Panasonic, Kyocera, and Blackberry
* Miscellaneous devices: USB pen drives, Memory Cards for cameras and portable devices, CD's/DVD's, MP3 Players, PlayStations, X-Boxes, Wii's, and Palm devices
The HFS file system used by Mac OS X doesn't actually immediately remove the files that users delete. The file actually still exists until it is written over by another file. Some utility applications' file sizes are so large, that merely by installing them users run the risk of overwriting the deleted file. Mac Data Recovery Guru's small file size reduces the chance of its installation possibly overwriting any recoverable files. This makes Mac Data Recovery Guru an excellent choice for quick, safe, and efficient data recovery for anyone's machine.
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Mac Data Recovery Guru 3.0 is $99.00 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available directly from the publisher's website. A free scan-only download is also available. Review copies are available on request.
MacDaddy, a subsidiary of Mac OSX File Recovery, aims to bring the most powerful but easy to use disk utilities for OS X to the public. MacDaddy is dedicated to making extremely powerful low-level software that is ridiculously easy to use. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 MacDaddy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.