October 22, 2015 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Munich, Germany - Isle of the Kakapo is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Express 5.0, their free model railroad and slot car layout design solution for Mac OS X. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track layouts via drag & drop, features libraries for more than 200 track systems, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions.
RailModeller Express' easy-to-use interface allows track designers to layout a one-layer design using up to 50 elements per layout, in up to 250m x 250m real world dimensions. The app covers scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm scale (1:22.5). Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, and more.
RailModeller Express includes all components to complete a train or slot car track layout, including flex tracks, buildings, symbols, and other items. Pieces are easily duplicated, rotated and set into place, while a shopping list, (including prices), is automatically generated as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout.
"For years, model railroading and slot car enthusiasts had to use graph paper, a ruler, and stencils to layout designs they had in their head," says Jan Barnholt head of development at Isle of the Kakapo. "RailModeller Express offers the ability to easily visualize a layout - including landscaping and other components - and print it out for reference, and know down to the last piece what exactly will be required to complete the hobbyist's vision."
* A library catalog featuring libraries for more than 200 track systems for almost all vendors of track material
* Covers all scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm scale (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generates shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
The app includes more than 200 Libraries, which includes the track systems of almost every brand. Additional Libraries include accessories like signals, houses, trees, electric components and more. The app's comprehensive collection includes components for all major digital systems.
* OS X 10.8 or later
* 64-bit Processor
* 35.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller Express 5.0 is free and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. A paid version, RailModeller Pro 5.0.12 - which expands the number of track elements that can be used per layout, as well as the number of layers supported, and offers unlimited layout size - is also available for $34.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Munich, Germany, Isle of the Kakapo is owned and operated by Jan Barnholt. Founded in 2015, Isle of the Kakapo is a software company specializing in providing innovative apps for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright Isle of the Kakapo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.