November 23, 2015 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Canada - Stroom Inc. has released a major update for its social news platform, Stroom for iOS. This update brings many exciting new features and improvements to the app. These changes and additions were made after garnering feedback from Stroom's growing user base.
These new features and improvements include:
* Live streaming now available in HD
* Choose from up to 5 video resolutions (240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p) from which to stream
* Receive notifications for nearby live streaming news events
* Subscribe to another user's feed
* Take pictures and videos within the app
* Edit the text of your previous news posts
* View news posts without logging in or creating an account
* Finer feed control with addition of local, world and top news feeds
* View all posts of another user
* View all posts near a given location
* A new way to view and manage your news posts
Stroom Inc. would also like to announce its Stroom Premium service. Stroom Premium gives news agencies a simple way for their reporters to live stream high quality video for use in any application across their news platform. This service includes a dashboard that allows news organizations to fully manage and control all aspects of the media flowing through the service. Through the dashboard media can be downloaded, modified, deployed to a website, and/or used in a TV broadcast. Please contact us for additional information and to inquire about Stroom Premium.
Stroom is a news-focused social platform that puts news discovery and reporting into the hands of the people, allowing them to share unfiltered and unbiased breaking news with the rest of the world through live streaming and pre-captured media. Stroom is a platform designed to be use by both citizen journalists and professionals.
Pricing and Availability:
Stroom is available on the App Store for free. Stroom is designed for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Stroom requires iOS 7.0 or newer. Available as of November 21, 2015.
Stroom Inc. is a Vancouver based startup, founded in 2014, that is dedicated to increasing people's awareness of their surroundings and what is happening around the world in the simplest way possible. We want to put the news into the hands of the people, showing it unfiltered, and allowing the masses to decide on what is important to them. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Stroom Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.