January 14, 2016 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Oakland, California - Corpus Collusion is proud to today announce the release of The Recipe Box 5.1, an important update to their popular recipe management app for the iPad. Developed by foodies who are also techies, the app offers anyone the chance to conveniently create, display, and manage their personal recipes in order to build and maintain a digital cookbook in a convenient and durable format that is always available at their fingertips.
The Recipe Box is the perfect app for anyone who appreciates cutting edge technology alongside their cutting board. The app offers the ability to instantly import recipes from more than 80 popular recipe websites. In addition, the app can quickly and easily capture recipe data from unsupported sites. Recipes can also quickly be entered into The Recipe Box via copy and paste from emails and text files.
Hand entry of recipes is also streamlined, via the app's flexible entry fields which allow for imperial or metric units, a customized keyboard that offers streamlined shortcuts for cooking terms, and the ability to quickly enter notes while cooking, without ever leaving the main recipe display.
Version 5.1 of The Recipe Box offers welcome support for Apple's new, large-screen iPad Pro device. New iPad Pro features include the ability to view more recipes in list view, larger recipe fonts and images that allow viewing of recipes from farther away, a larger work area for entering recipes, and a special shortcut keyboard that works better in a smaller area.
"While The Recipe Box has always been a fabulous app, appreciated by amateur and professional chefs alike, once Apple introduced the new iPad Pro we knew we had to make use of the larger screen," shares Corpus Collusion co-founder Vibrata Chromodoris. "More screen real estate means our users can see more information on the screen, and view it from farther away, cutting down on trips back and forth across the kitchen to double-check a recipe ingredient or a cooking instruction."
* One-touch instant import from over 80 popular recipe websites
* Capture data from unsupported websites quickly and easily
* Importing recipes from emails and text messages is as easy as copy and paste
* Use imperial or metric measurement units
* Handy shortcut keyboard offers quick entry of cooking terms
* Make notes while cooking, without ever leaving the main recipe display screen
* Handy search function allows searching for multiple ingredients at once
* Recipes can be cross-referenced in multiple categories
* Create a handy shopping list that can be printed, or shared via email or text message
* Swap recipes with other Recipe Box users via Recipe Link
* Print recipes
* Easily backup recipes via iTunes file sharing
* Sort and rate recipes
* In app support includes feature maps, and the ability to quickly send feedback or ask questions
* Tutorials to guide cooks through various functions
* No distraction layout allows the cook to concentrate on the dish, not the app
* Highlight steps in the recipe with just a tap of the screen
"The Recipe Box was already one of the most popular recipe managers available in the App Store," says Corpus Collusion co-founder Kathy Tafel. "The new features in version 5.1 will make the app more beloved than ever, especially by iPad Pro owners. Plus, users can visit our website for our helpful tutorials and FAQs, which we are continually updating."
Also available, for recipes in a more compact on-the-go format, is The Recipe Box To Go app for the iPhone. The app allows users to view their favorite recipes on the go, and even quickly shop for ingredients, all from their iPhone.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 8.1 or higher
* 15.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Recipe Box for iPad 5.1 is $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Food and Drink category. Review copies are available upon request.
Corpus Collusion was founded in 2009 to develop smart software for iOS devices - offerings both stylish and ingenious. Company co-founder Kathy Tafel is a Mac industry innovator with nearly a decade of experience at Apple. Company co-founder Vibrata Chromodoris is a fine artist whose work has been seen around the world. Copyright (C) 2016 Corpus Collusion. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.