February 10, 2016 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Toulouse, France - Independent developer, Quentin Mathe today is proud to announce his new app Placeboard 1.0.1 for iPhone. Placeboard is a personal organizer to remember places and share them with friends. Featuring a fluid user experience, a big focus on privacy, and revolutionary undo/redo support, Placeboard makes it really easy to organize restaurants, shops, natural sites, and many other places we stumble upon in our daily life or while travelling.
"Want to quickly remember a restaurant or shop when you are passing by? Or share some nice bars and museums you discovered the last time you went to Barcelona? Or even remember a mountaintop or camping spot while hiking? Placeboard lets you do exactly that. You can be sure you won't forget a place again, or waste time writing down places to visit, when a friend is planning a trip to somewhere you have been before." Unlike similar apps or social networks, Placeboard is all about organizing places in a personal way. It's your own private place database.
For people who enjoy going out, visiting places, and travelling, Placeboard is a really handy way to remember and rate places, find them later, search for places nearby or tell someone quickly by SMS about a nice pub where they can meet. For a photographer, journalist or scientist in a field mission, or anyone whose job involves scouting places, Placeboard will let them take some quick notes and pictures about any locations and tag these places in a meaningful way. With its backup ability, it's even possible to have a distinct place database per project or mission.
* Fluid and minimalistic UI
* Find places to remember or save a custom location
* Tag, rate and annotate your places
* Browse your places organized by city
* Find out what's around you precisely within a radius
* Toggle map and search visibility at any time
* Full-screen map
* Share one or more places quickly by SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook
* Create share lists and invite other Placeboard users to follow them or contribute
* Attach, reorder, and browse photos in a list or full-screen
* See all your changes or the ones related to the current screen, then go back in time with a single tap
* Swipe to undo a single change without losing more recent changes
* Backup your entire place database to iCloud Drive, DropBox, Google Drive, and other similar services
* Landscape support
* No account required
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 16 MB
Pricing and Availability
Placeboard 1.0.1 is $4.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle and Travel categories. Review copies are available upon request.
Quentin Mathe is a freelance iOS and Mac developer from France, who has been involved in open source projects such as CoreObject, an innovative database that lets apps record, reorder, and replay user actions. For a long time, he has been thinking about making computers easier to use and more flexible. He founded the Etoile project with this goal in mind and now carries this vision into Placeboard. With over one and a half years of planning and development, Placeboard brings a fresh and personal bookmarking experience, where sharing is optional, to a market flooded with social networks and mobile apps with unclear privacy policies. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Quentin Mathe. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.