April 26, 2016 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Tension Software is proud to announce the release of DB-Text 1.6, their general use tool to open and edit CSV (Comma separated value) and TSV (Tab separated value) documents on OS X. DB-Text is able to open import, edit and manage text data organized by rows and columns in a more practical and effective way then any text editor.
DB-Text can import data both in CSV (comma separated value) text format, in TSV (tab separated value) or CSV-S (Char separated Value using semicolon) text format coming from Windows, Unix and OS X. It can automatically recognize the used format analyzing the content inside. It is a simple drag-and-drop, no need to specify anything before opening a file. Data can be manipulated and exported as text (as CSV, TSV, html or custom format selecting separators and other tags) or saved inside a native DB-Text document
New in this release:
* Cascade sequential assignment to destination fields in a single click
* Import now shows position of visualized record of the total available
* Added an option to do not import first imported row also without using it as field labels
* Solved a bug not showing latest created fields inside destination popups in case of successive import operations
DB-Text is a must have for any user that manipulates data text files. It can enlarge or shrink all the columns in a single step from the toolbar. It allows to move and adjust columns as the user needs. It allows to save a lot of time doing in a proper way text data manipulation with a tool designed for the purpose with features a text editor can't match.
* Import form files using different encoding, also from Windows
* Import from TSV (tab separator) , CSV (comma separator) , CSV-S (semicolon separator)
* Import from any document via drag and drop
* Import dialog that let you select for any column (field) where to import
* Popup inside the import dialog to specify field destinations
* Data browsing before import inside the import dialog
* Optional 'Use first row as header'
* Fast opening creating a new column table for any text column in the file
* Import more then one time inside a document with a great Mac interface to specify where to add data in a pre-existing table
* Manipulation of data easy and intuitive
* Columns can be moved at any time as the user needs
* Edit in place for any data
* Sort and filter with a click inside the document
* Copy of CSV (comma separated) or TSV (tab separated) data of selected rows in the clipboard
* Assign at any time the content of a row as column header
* Saves also in native format
* Document based for a better data management
* Add delete columns and rows at any time with a click
* Edit column accessory view to see how your data are organized (useful if you have a lot of columns data)
* Export dialog that let you select from which fields to export and in which order
* Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Full screen.
* Optimized for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 5.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DB-Text 1.6 is $4.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category.
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.