May 13, 2016 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg - Houdah Software today is proud to announce the release of Tembo 2.1, an update to the file search utility for Mac OS X. Tembo is a super-efficient, organized file search tool. It makes finding documents, mail messages, bookmarks, images and more as easy as possible.
Tembo is a desktop search tool that uses the existing Spotlight index. Tembo's strength is its easy-to-use interface. It's signature features are the grouped search results and context-sensitive filters. In a first pass, Tembo groups search results by file type categories. For each group, the top 10 matches are displayed. Preferences allow for groups to be enabled, disabled and reordered.
The real power and convenience of Tembo is revealed on drill-down into a group. Here Tembo lists up to 10'000 search results. Next the results are context-relevant filters. These make it easy to break down longs search results lists. E.g. a sidebar in the Documents group lists file types of found files. A single click reduces Documents search results to only Word files.
Each result category has its own dedicated filters:
* Bookmarks & History: Type, URL Domain
* Documents: File Type
* Fonts: File Type
* Images: Resolution, File Type
* Messages: Subject, From, To
* Movies: File Type, Codec
* Music: Artist, File Type
* PDF Documents: Author
* Source Code: File Type
Enhancements in Tembo 2.1:
* Tembo now shows Finder tag colors in search results
* Long file names now wrap over two lines in grid view
* Improved performance and responsiveness in the grouped display of search results
Enhancements in Tembo 2.0:
* Actions: rename, tag, or trash files from search results
* Sharing: send files by Mail, Messages, Facebook, etc.
* File Info window: easy-to-read overview of important file properties
* View options: font size, date format, grid of icons or previews
* Menu bar button and global keyboard shortcuts
* Collapsible groups: hide rarely visited groups
* Improved performance
* Option to hand a search over to HoudahSpot
* OS X Version 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan
* Spotlight indexing enabled
* 10 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Tembo 2.1 is available for download from the Houdah Software web site. The demo version is fully functional. It however shows a message and adds a delay when opening files from search results.
A single-user license is priced at USD $15. A family license is available for $22. Upgrades from previous versions are priced $6.95 and $9.95 respectively. Upgrades are available through the store built into the demo version. Tembo licenses purchased on or after March 1, 2015 remain valid for Tembo 2. Prices are in USD and exclusive of tax.
Tembo 2.1 is also available through the Mac App Store. The version of Tembo available on the App Store is confined to the to the OS X application sandbox. The sandbox requires Tembo to ask for explicit permission before it can access files or folders. It also restricts interactions between applications. Thus some features are available only in the direct download version of Tembo.
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2005-2016 Houdah Software s.a r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.