May 13, 2016 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is pleased to deliver Default Folder X 5.0.4 today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs provides a number of compatibility fixes, as well as some additional features requested by users. Default Folder X's custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 5.0.4:
* Default Folder X's toolbar can now be aligned with the top of file dialogs as well as the middle
* You can now create and manage folder sets directly from Default Folder X's Folder Set menu
* There's a new option to sort the menus for subfolders of recent folders by name instead of by date
* Default Folder X now supports reduced transparency when it's turned on in System Preferences
* Compatibility issues with Magnet, HyperDock and similar system-level utilities have been resolved
* A bug has been fixed that could cause Default Folder X to use more energy than necessary
* Bugs in the user interface and in saving Finder comments have been fixed
* Several problems have been solved that caused Default Folder X to crash or hang
* Improved reliability when running on Yosemite
* Mac OS X 10.10 or 10.11
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5.0.4 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X on El Capitan install this update.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2016 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.