Fremont, CA Feb 15, 2017 in FileMaker
California based .com Solutions Inc. today releases FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 8.01 with support for FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 when using the table conversion feature. FileMaker developers can use the Merge Database/Table Consolidation process to upgrade older multi-file solutions into easier to maintain FileMaker Pro 15 single file solutions. Performing a FileMaker Merge Database/Table Consolidation has been reported to reduce scripting from 150 pages down to 2 pages in some projects.
[prMac.com] Fremont, California - .com Solutions Inc. today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 8.01 with support for FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 merge database projects. This release supports FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 - 15 on macOS and Windows.
FileMaker developers can use the Merge Database/Table Consolidation process to upgrade older multi-file solutions into easier to maintain FileMaker Pro 15 single file solutions. Upgrading to FileMaker Pro 15 also offers developers the opportunity to take advantage of the latest design, development and security features included with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 and FileMaker Server 15 including WebDirect. Performance testing of FmPro Migrator with FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 includes the following results on macOS:
* 5100 per hour - TOs Creation
* 616 per hour - Relationship Creation
* 1200 per hour - Custom Function Creation
* 2880 per hour - Value List Creation
* 401 per hour - Layout Importing
* 401 per hour - Layout Creation - Pass #1
* 2940 per hour - Script Creation
* 870 per hour - Layout Creation - Pass #2 (Replacing contents of existing layouts, to resolve dependencies between layouts and scripts)
As a service to the FileMaker community, .com Solutions Inc. has released the FileMaker automation AppleScript code as open source software. In addition to the AppleScript source file, a LiveCode test harness stack is also provided. The test harness stack includes AppleScript handler source code embedded within LiveCode handlers. The code is executed using the LiveCode "do as AppleScript" command. The dynamic compilation of AppleScript code prevents dependencies associated with a specific version of FileMaker software, which would occur if an AppleScript app or applet had been used. The AppleScript code and LiveCode testing stack are available for download from the File menu in FmPro Migrator, and are available in the commercial and demo versions of FmPro Migrator at no cost.
On Windows, FmPro Migrator utilizes a compiled WinAutomation job, which installs and runs automatically to perform GUI automation tasks (except for relationship creation on FileMaker Pro Advanced 14, 15). FileMaker to SQL Server conversions now use the DBO schema by default when building tables. It is no longer necessary to build a new schema manually in SQL Server. Additional enhancements with this release include:
Table Consolidation Changes:
* Improved overall Unicode compatibility when creating relationships and data import scripts.
Access to FileMaker Conversion Changes:
* Added a check for situations in which Office 365 is being used, with detailed error message for workaround since ACEODBC.dll cannot be installed. This problem affects reading and writing .accdb database files via ODBC.
* Added a check for MSysRelationships containing 0 results, with informational dialog stating that "No relationships were found."
* Improved the conversion of Access VBA scripts by prefixing the form name onto the names of each script. The module name listing the script has the format of Form Name : Module Name to reference its original source for documentation purposes.
* Fixed an issue with the incorrect relationship field being assigned to the Left Table in a relationship.
* Updated the AccessDDRExport Access database to display both 32bit and 64bit paths when installing the iij15.dll.
LiveCode Conversion Changes:
* The updated version of the ButtonBar 1.01 widget now includes the ability to have individual buttons disabled from clicking.
* The FmPro Migrator application and its components are now digitally signed with a Comodo digital code signing certificate on Windows and an Apple Developer Certificate on macOS.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition is priced at ($200) per developer. For more information, please contact David Simpson.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2017 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.