Do you hear an unusual noise when opening and closing the garage door? Is it stuck wide open? Well, there are countless things that can go wrong with your garage door. You can consider performing DIY repair of the garage door or hiring professionals to handle the task.
If you are tired of repairing the same door every few months, consider upgrading to smart garage doors. These are energy-efficient, convenient, and safer alternatives to conventional doors. They operate remotely and can be controlled with your smartphone. There’s no doubt these innovative doors have increased home safety. In this post, we are going to discuss how garage doors have revolutionized in the past few decades and what all features they offer today.
Garage Door Evolution
Garage doors have evolved a lot since the 1900s. They have transformed into modern and automated systems that offer a plethora of advanced monitoring and controlling functions. Smartphone integration, for instance, offers the convenience of handling all garage operations remotely. You can be away from the home and still open and close the doors conveniently just with a few clicks. According to Canadian Garage Door Repair Edmonton, a company in the field, it’s essential to be aware of some advanced garage door security functions. Let’s check them out.
- Smartphone Integration: Connecting your phone to the garage door has many perks. It allows homeowners to open and close the garage door from just about any location (even from an international country).
- Voice Control: Smart garage doors are compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, and other voice assistants. You can integrate these doors with voice control and operate them using your voice command. This way, you won’t even have to open your mobile app to open or close the garage door.
- Face Recognition: Enabling face recognition and fingerprint sensor setting on your garage door ensures that your family and trusted members can get quick access to your home without having to bring keys every time they visit your place. It also boosts security by denying the request of unauthorized people to access your garage.
- Video Monitoring: Smart doors are equipped with cameras that capture the pictures and videos of each member coming in and out of your garage. This gives you solid evidence in case of security issues. The real-time recording also deters intruders. The cameras can also be integrated into your mobile app so that you can watch the live footage of your garage.
- Security Alerts: One of the most convenient functions of garage doors is security alerts. In traditional doors, there was no way for a homeowner to know about a security breach until they checked the garage manually. That’s no longer an issue with a smart garage door, though. It comes with a built-in security alert function that sends notifications as soon as it detects someone’s presence around your garage.
- GPS Integration: Every homeowner deserves a garage door that can open automatically as they reach home. The GPS in your smartphone can trigger the sensors to open and close the doors as you come and leave the house.
These were only to name a few. There are additional functions of a modern garage door that makes them a highly efficient and smart choice for homeowners and businesses alike. For instance, you can configure the lighting to turn on and off at specific intervals. This makes people believe that someone is home.
Gone are the days when traditional garage doors that needed manual effort to open and close were in trend. Then came the remote-control systems. Today, you can find smart doors with several built-in features and amazing capabilities. Homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that their garage is safe and accessible to only authorized users.
Integrating fingerprint sensors, voice control, and face recognition is the best way to enhance the security of these doors and make them convenient for families. So, why wait? Check out the latest garage doors and pick the one that fits your needs and budget.