March 22, 2010 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Kent, UK - Paul Gee today is pleased to announce the release of WhoNews 1.2 for the iPhone and iPod touch devices. WhoNews collates the latest news on Doctor Who, Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures from over 20 of the top Doctor Who websites every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. This is coupled with a built in DVD & Blu ray price comparison tool that tracks down the lowest prices for Doctor Who related DVDs from the top internet retailers.
WhoNews keeps the user up to speed with latest news on the Doctor's adventures in time and space. The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) starts his series of new adventures in a few weeks time. With WhoNews the user is guaranteed to know the latest news and gossip on the world's oldest science fiction TV series.
New features for version 1.2:
* Most recent news view - time ordered news from 20 websites.
* Off-line browsing - read the latest news at your leisure.
* News is downloaded in bulk. A resilient server compiles the latest news from 20 websites every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by direct to WhoNews
* Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access.
* Email and post articles on Facebook to share with fellow fans
* Search the internet for lowest Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures DVD/Blu ray prices in the UK (and soon the US) from all your favourite internet stores
* Email or post on Facebook the cheapest deal to friend and fellow fans
* Over 20 retailers compared including Amazon, Tesco, Zavvi, The Hut, SendIt, LoveFilm, Asda, Woolworths, HMV, Play, Dixons, Currys, BBC Shop, CD Wow, DVD Source, MovieMail
* Use the in-built browser to visit a news site or buy a DVD direct
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 0.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WhoNews 1.2 is only $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News categories.
Located in Cowden, Kent, Paul Gee has over 20 years experience developing software for a range of mobile platforms and is a full-time software engineer. After winning the HotUKDeals 2009 iPhone programming competition he embarked on combining his love of Doctor Who with his talent for software development. Before turning his skills on developing applications for the iPhone and iPod touch he spent over 12 years working for a top research and development defence company, designing and build cutting edge wearable computing solutions for the armed forces. Copyright (C) 2010 Paul Gee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.