June 16, 2010 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Great Falls, Virginia - Mobilize Faith, LLC, announced today the release of a free update to Bible Memory, its best-selling Bible study and verse memorization app for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The new update allows users to add, edit, and categorize an unlimited number of Bible verses in any translation and in any language. Past versions limited users to 250 pre-selected verses. Verses can be typed in manually or cut and pasted from any online Bible source.
"The Bible is personal. Scripture speaks differently to different people," says Petra Barrientos, Managing Partner of Mobilize Faith. "Our original version was designed to make it easy to commit Scripture to heart with pre-selected verses. With this upgrade we give our users complete flexibility in choosing the Bible verses they want to memorize."
Bible Memory can be used in conjunction with other Bible study and devotional guides that encourage Bible verse memorization. The Bible Memory app has been designed to creatively utilize the interactive features of the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad to help users have fun and stay engaged while memorizing Bible scripture:
* Each Bible verse is presented in three learning modes: read the Bible verse; review the verse a phrase at a time as users practice their ability to recall words of scripture; and complete three rounds of timed, fill-in-the-blank quizzes that become more difficult.
* Bible Memory not only helps users memorize verses, it also creates a support system for scripture study and extends the benefits through social networking and sharing. Users can share scripture via Facebook by posting verses directly onto their Facebook wall from within the Bible Memory App.
* The app allows users to identify up to three Bible study partners who are notified of progress and who can help keep users accountable.
* Users can set an audible alert to remind them that it is time to study.
* Automatic quizzes test retention of previously memorized verses.
* Metrics provide visual feedback on overall progress, by category, and by retention quiz results.
* Users can share any verse with integrated email and help others expand their Bible Memory library.
Bible Memory was designed and developed with the help of Hawk Ridge Consulting, LLC, a developer of unique and entertaining applications for the iPhone and iPod touch.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 2.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Bible Memory 1.2 is $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. The upgrade is now available for free download.
Mobilize Faith is a technology startup based in Great Falls, VA that harnesses mobile technology to provide tools for anyone seeking to follow a God-led Christian lifestyle. The company's first product, Bible Memory, is the only app that helps you both memorize and share scripture with the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Mobilize Faith is committed to bringing products to the faith-based marketplace that are imaginative, effective, fairly priced and of the highest quality possible. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobilize Faith. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.