June 23, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California - Award-winning independent children's app developer Duck Duck Moose today announced the launch of Baa Baa Black Sheep 1.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch. This interactive app for preschool children features two popular nursery rhymes: Baa Baa Black Sheep and Row Your Boat.
In "Baa Baa Black Sheep," children will explore the island of Baa Baa, where they can row-row their boat, see Baa Baa and his friends, explore 3 underwater worlds, all while looking for matching puzzle pieces hidden throughout the island!
Baa Baa Black Sheep features an educational puzzle activity:
* Find hidden objects in the different scenes (e.g., apple)
* Match the objects to the shape in the puzzle
* Touch the missing puzzle pieces to see and hear the word. 24 words included
Children can touch and explore everything in the colorful 100% interactive illustrations. They will discover many surprises as they:
* Help the sheep jump into the boat
* Row the boat across the water
* Explore 3 different underwater scenes with a scuba diver, magician fish, pirate, and peanut butter and jellyfish
* Follow Baa Baa Black Sheep to meet the Master, Dame, and Little Boy down the lane
* Learn colors by hearing variations on Baa Baa Black Sheep with Red Sheep, Orange Sheep, etc.
* And much more
Music arranged and recorded especially for this app includes the popular Baa Baa Black Sheep and Row Your Boat, and variations on these tunes, performed by violin and cello.
There are three ways to navigate from scene to scene.
1) Manual - Swipe the boat, touch the anchor, or touch Baa Baa Black Sheep to navigate from scene to scene.
2) Arrow button - Push the arrow at the top-right.
3) Auto - Automatically change from scene to scene. Find this option in the iPhone Settings.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 14.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Baa Baa Black Sheep 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Duck Duck Moose is the award-winning creator of educational children's applications for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It was founded in 2008 by three friends who are parents themselves, and share a passion for children, music, education, design, and play. Duck Duck Moose's top-selling iPhone apps include: Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Fish School. Wheels on the Bus was featured as one of The New York Times' "Best iPhone Apps for Kids" and won the KAPi Award for "Best Children's App" at the 2010 International CES. Four of the company's products have also won the Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design, and three have won the Parents' Choice Gold Award. Copyright (C) 2010 Duck Duck Moose. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.