June 23, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Canada - Absolute(R) Software Corporation ("Absolute" or the "Company") (TSX: ABT), the leading provider of firmware-based, patented, computer theft recovery, data protection and secure computer lifecycle management solutions today released plans to provide enterprise-caliber management capabilities for Apple iOS 4 devices, including iPhone, as core components of its lifecycle management solution Absolute Manage. With support for Apple iOS 4, Absolute Manage will provide IT departments with tools to help manage popular Apple products in an enterprise environment.
"Apple mobile devices have been very well-received by consumers and, increasingly, among larger organizations," said John Livingston, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Absolute. "With enterprise deployments of these devices on the rise, we are extending our long-standing focus on lifecycle management for Apple products to include robust management for iPhone. With our forthcoming solution, IT will be able to address brand new challenges such as managing in-house applications and managing iOS device configuration."
Enterprise tools for management of iPhone
Slated for general availability during the summer of 2010, an updated version of Absolute Manage will provide IT departments managing iOS 4 devices with the ability to remotely manage aspects of lifecycle management and data protection.
Lifecycle management features include the ability to remotely:
* Manage user profiles
* Manage provisioning profiles
* Inventory installed third-party applications (custom developed or from the AppStore)
* Gather device lifecycle management information from the devices
Data protection features include the ability for IT administrators to remotely send a:
* Device Lock command to any iOS 4 device in an emergency
* Clear Passcode command
* Remote Wipe command to delete sensitive data from a missing or stolen device
Building on a history of delivering manageability for enterprise Apple users
Absolute Manage is purpose-built to support IT departments that contend day-to-day with a mixed population of Apple and PC computers. Existing core features of the solution provide the industry's leading lifecycle management solution for Mac computers. Features currently enjoyed by Mac administrators include:
* Application and License Management - Deploy software and manage licenses across the network
* Security, Change & Configuration Management - Remotely monitor and adjust configurations, and execute files
* Automated Patch Management - Centrally manage and install patches, and report on patch status for all managed systems
* Computer Imaging - Install a complete OS plus all standard applications onto Mac computers while in use or just out of the box
* Power Management - Comply with green initiatives and lower total cost of ownership by remotely enforcing power saving policy profiles
* Asset Inventory - Collect hardware and software data points from devices over the network and analyze the information for timely and fact-based asset management decisions
General availability of support for iOS 4 within Absolute Manage is scheduled for release during calendar Q3, 2010.
Absolute Software Corporation (TSX: ABT) is the leader in tracking, managing and protecting computers and mobile devices. The Company's Computrace, Absolute Manage and LoJack(R) for Laptops solutions provide theft recovery, data protection and computer lifecycle management capabilities to organizations and consumers. The Company's software agent is embedded in the firmware of computers by global leaders, including Acer, ASUS, Dell, Fujitsu, General Dynamics Itronix, HP, Lenovo, Motion, Panasonic and Toshiba, and the Company has reselling partnerships with these OEMs and others, including Apple. For more information about Absolute Software, visit them online.