July 21, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Athens, Greece - DoubleIP S.A., the developers of DoubleSMS, has launched a remarkable new product for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. The application offers SMS messages with Delivery Reports for every message sent. Supports worldwide coverage and sending costs are typically much less expensive than normal. With a host of rich features, such as multiple recipient selection, easy message management, character counting and more, DoubleSMS gives users greater messaging freedom than standard SMS.
With support for more than 200 countries, 700 mobile operators and any language (including English, Greek, Chinese and Arabic), virtually anyone can realize cost savings, regardless of where they are located. Using DoubleSMS, iPhone users are no longer in doubt about their sent messages. With full support of Delivery Status, users know exactly when their message is delivered to the intended recipient's mobile phone.
The application has been designed for extra ease of use. Dynamic contact selection and filtering has been developed to help users select the recipient by start typing part of their name, surname or mobile phone. No wasted time scrolling up and down in the whole address book to find the person you are looking for. Multiple contact selection is also available.
The new OS4 has added the functionality of showing a character count while users type their message. This feature is also provided by DoubleSMS and has also been improved! The application shows the remaining characters left for each message and the total numbers of messages that your text requires.
It works great with non-latin characters too, where it starts the count-down every 70 characters. The application comes with great history management view. Messages to the same recipient are automatically grouped together, for easy maintenance and access. Users who download DoubleSMS receive access to a host of rich features that help them save time, money and effort while enjoying messaging freedom.
* Long SMS support. More than 160 and up to 800 characters supported as multipart SMS that appear as one at the recipient's handset
* Delivery Notifications lets users know if a message was sent, delivered, expired or failed
* View and manage all messages sent from a complete sent messages history
* Select and add unlimited number of recipients
* Simple and powerful recipient selection mechanism
* The sender that appears to the recipient's handset is the sender's mobile phone number (This feature is not supported in US and few other countries)
* Forward - resend any message to additional recipients, directly from sent messages history
* Reply - send a new message to the same recipient without the need to search the contact or enter his number again
* Send messages in any language including Greek, Chinese and Arabic. All character sets are supported including Cyrillic.
* Fully supported for more than 200 countries and 700 mobile operators
* Receive 10 FREE CREDITS upon installation
* Additional credits available at amazing prices via the app or DoubleSMS site
* Saves time, money and keystrokes
To help get users started, DoubleIP developers are giving ten free credits to everyone who downloads and installs DoubleSMS. Additional credits can be purchased at amazing rates directly through the app or from the website. More information can be found on the DoubleIP site or on iTunes.
* 3G iPhone and iPod touch, iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 0.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DoubleSMS 1.0 is only $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
DoubleIP S.A. was established in 2009 by a group of people with extensive knowledge in information and telecommunications systems, as well as know-how in mobile marketing. The company focuses on mobile marketing campaigns utilizing various communication channels (SMS, Web, voice). Proximity Marketing utilizing Bluetooth and Touch Screen technologies. Mobile Applications for any platform and OS (iPhone, Android, Java, Blackberry, Vodafone 360). Value added services for consumers and business customers, including Mobile Operators. Please visit DoubleIP for more information. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.