February 13, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New York, New York - February 12, 2008 - Chromatic Bytes, LLC announces the immediate availability of ZeusDraw 1.3, an update to its Mac OS X vector drawing program. ZeusDraw is a vector drawing program with a fluid, graceful interface, great brushes and a host of other features.
ZeusDraw 1.3 adds these new features:
* CMYK Color - Users can choose between the CMYK color model or the RGB color model for new documents.
* Color Management - Users can set the profile (color space) for documents and control how imported images are matched to the document color space.
* Bitmap Export in CMYK and grayscale - ZeusDraw can now export CMYK bitmaps (TIFF and JPEG) and grayscale bitmaps (TIFF, PNG and JPEG).
* Full Layer System - ZeusDraw now has a complete layer system. Layers can be added, deleted, rearranged, made visible or invisible and locked or unlocked. ZeusDraw can also assign an opacity and a blend mode to each layer.
* Object Opacities - ZeusDraw can now assign an opacity (degree of transparency) to individual objects and to groups.
* Simplified Import - It is no longer necessary to specify in advance the type of file being imported and multiple files can be imported in a single step.
* Vector PDF from the Print command - Print... > PDF > Save As PDF... now results in a vector PDF rather than a PDF wrapper around a bitmap. (Export > PDF... can still be used when a transparent background is required.)
* Better Shadow Behavior - An object's shadow now falls on all the objects behind it. If there are objects that overlap but should not shadow each other, they can be grouped and a shadow can be applied to the group.
* Reorganized Preferences Dialog
ZeusDraw 1.3 is $90 USD for new users and requires OS X 10.4 or later. A fully functional 30-day free trial is available from their website. This is a free update for currently registered users.
Located in New York City, Chromatic Bytes, LCC makes Macintosh software for OS X, specializing in graphic arts software.