July 26, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Delaware, Canada - Introducing Preschool Memory Match 1.0, the classic game of concentration specifically designed to be fun, educational, and beautiful on the iPad, iPhone 4, and earlier generation iPhones and iPod touch devices. Preschool kids will be want to keep playing and playing to see all 220+ matched images, hear each sound effect for the matched pair, and earn the 64 weird and wacky reward buttons to play with!
Every App Darren Murtha Design has developed for the Apple App Store has been featured in one or more ways by Apple on iTunes, Staff Favorite, New and Noteworthy, What's Hot, and in the Spotlight. Owner Darren Murtha states, "Our philosophy is to only deliver high quality Apps that people want to talk about and share with friends and family. During the development process of Preschool Memory Match, we wanted to created the best app in its class which was specifically targeted towards early learners with great sounds, graphics and rewards."
When asked what makes makes this App stand out above the rest, Darren Murtha responded "Well, first is the content. We included over 220 items for kids to match and each items plays a custom sound effect specific to that graphic. If a kids matches a Harp, they hear that musical instrument, and if they match a Moped, they hear the distinctive sound of the small engine that a Moped makes. The professional voice recording of a licensed speech therapist narrating each matched pair is both encouraging and educational for kids. Second, the different levels of difficulty help ensure fun gameplay for all degrees of a child's personal development. We also avoided the use of timers or high scores as the app is more for personal exploration than for competition. Parents are encouraged to play along with their kid. Third, the reward buttons are fun! After matching all the tiles on the screen, a few reward buttons are displayed where kids can tap or tap and hold to see the button transform and hear some wild sound effects."
* Over 220 different pairs to match in 5 user selected categories (Transportation, Musical Instruments, Animals/Bugs, Food, and Objects)
* Brilliant graphics optimized for three different resolutions: iPhone 4, iPads, and early generation iPhones and iPod touches
* Custom Sound Effects for each matched pair
* Studio voice recording of a speech therapist who specializes in Early Childhood Development
* Unique reward system with 64 weird and wacky buttons
* iOS4 Multitasking enabled for devices running iOS4 who can take a phone call or leave the app which automatically will pause the game
* Easy Mode displays 12 cards (6 pairs) to match
* Medium Mode displays 20 cards (10 pairs) to match
* Hard Mode displays 30 cards (15 pairs) to match
* iPad bonus difficulty level: Super Duper Hard Mode* has 100 cards (50 pairs) to match
* Universal App that will play on all iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone devices
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 91.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Preschool Memory Match 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Darren Murtha Design has only one focus of business: Developing high quality Apps for Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices. Darren Murtha Design has been creating preschool iPhone Apps since the iPhone SDK first came out. Copyright (C) 2010 Darren Murtha Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.