August 6, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Zwijndrecht, Belgium - Galarina today is pleased to announce WiiPhoto 1.0, a new iPhone app that turns your widescreen TV into a digital photo frame. A Wii console attached to the TV functions as a hub to wirelessly transfer photos from a variety of sources to the TV. WiiPhoto was developed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone's unique capabilities and touch interface. After setting up a connection with the Wii console, WiiPhoto offers the possibility to display photos from a variety of sources on the widescreen TV:
* Any photo that's available in the Photos app of your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Flickr account photos
* The most interesting Flickr photos of the day
* Flickr photos taken nearby your current location
* Photos from the most popular locations on Flickr
* All your Facebook photos
* Photos from your Facebook friends
* All your SmugMug photos
* Photos from any folder on your Mac
* Photos from your iPhoto library
"At home, my TV is the biggest available display, but I never used it to watch photos on. Being a passionate amateur photographer, I started looking for an easy way to turn my TV into a digital photo frame" said Chris Cornelis, founder and CEO of Zwijndrecht, Belgium based Galarina. "The wireless capabilities of the Wii console made it the perfect hub. WiiPhoto makes it possible to watch all my family and vacation photos from the couch. I also discovered Facebook albums of friends and the versatile possibilities of Flickr."
* A Wii console connected to the internet and the free Wii Internet Channel installed on the Wii console
* An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad connected to the internet using the same WiFi network as the Wii console
* Viewing photos located in a Mac folder requires Mac OS 10.5 or higher
* Viewing iPhoto photos requires iPhoto '08 or higher
Pricing and Availability:
WiiPhoto 1.0 costs $2.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Located in Zwijndrecht, Belgium, Galarina is a privately held company founded in 2008 by independent developer Chris Cornelis. With over seventeen years in software development, Galarina specializes in the development of unique and useful solutions for the iPhone platform, complemented by first-class customer support. Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Galarina. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.