August 9, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Montreal, Canada - Announcing Zikera, the developer of Groove, has released the latest update for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Groove is an exceptional, feature-rich app that plays music automatically, based on a user's listening habits. The 1.3 version is a major update, offering the in-app purchase of an enhancement package at a very affordable price. The package features tags for automatically organizing a user's ipod library. Mixes can then be created based on those tags, for a unique listening experience on an iDevice.
The Groove app uses a device's media library access to create mixes from an iPod music library. It provides a number of options, all of which are automated and based on a user's listening habits. A quick hit of 'Favorites' will start an instant mix of tunes that the user likes, while the 'Three of a Kind' option puts together a list of songs grouped by three per artist and so on. There are several options to choose from and Groove prepares the mixes automatically. Groove is exceptionally rich in features, including an animated, large title display with swipe controls that is quick and easy to use for playing, changing the volume, etc. while in the car.
Groove's groovy features:
* Make a mix of songs that go well together in a single tap
* Listen to sets of three songs by artist with the "Three of a Kind" option
* Use the "Surprise Me" option or shake device to get a mix based on your listening habits
* Listen to featured duos of artists who are meant to be heard together
* Get an instant mix of your favorite songs
* Use the swipe gestures to control the player and the volume while in the car
* Display a large scrolling song title so that you can keep your eyes on the road
* Play your playlists created with iTunes directly from Groove and benefit from all the gesture controls
* Continue listening to Groove mixes while using other apps
* Organize your music library by top albums/artists for quick selection
* Automatically download artist images and missing album artworks
Paid Enhancement Package:
* Automatically organize your music library by tags and create mixes based on tags
* Listen to groovy mixes based on the currently playing song
* Save any mix created by Groove for later play
While Groove 1.3 is free and offers users a wonderful music listening experience, Zikera developers have included an in-app purchase opportunity which takes Groove to a whole new level. The enhancement package varies for each country but is very affordable and sells for only $1.99 in the U.S. The Groove enhancement package contains a feature that automatically organizes a user's music library by tags. The tags stem from the data of millions of Last.fm users. Genres do not have to be classified because Groove will auto tag a user's music, making it easy to create new mixes.
* iPhone and iPod touch, iPad
* Requires iPhone iOS 3.0 or later
* 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Groove 1.3 is Free with in-app purchase of enhancement package available for only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Zikera is a young company founded in 2009 by software engineers who are also music lovers. The word "Zikera" comes from "music" and "era", or the "era of the music". Zikera's ultimate goal is to create the best way for you to enjoy and experience your music. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.