301+ Short Stories for iPhone now iOS 4.0 ready - Plus More Stories
August 20, 2010 in Books
[prMac.com] Bridgewater, New Jersey - 288 Vroom LLC is pleased to announce that their #1 Top Selling iPhone Book app, 301+ Short Stories, is now iOS 4.0 certified and has even more stories! Developed for iPhone and iPod touch, 301+ Short Stories are quick, easy, and entertaining reading for on-the-go or anytime. You can almost smell the leather cover of this beautifully designed app that features continuous and page-by-page scrolling modes, automatic bookmarking, and more. Sit back and unwind to a selection of over 300 of some of the greatest short stories of all time.
In addition to the iOS 4.0 certification, 301+ Short Stories now offers even more stories to the already extensive and expanding library, with currently over 310 stories by more than 90 authors. Stores are multi-genre, including Adventure, Humor, Ghost Stories, Horrors, Mystery, Westerns, Fantasy, Love (and Loss), Sketches of Life, and so much more.
Easy-to-use and sporting an eye-catching interface, 301+ Short Stories offers 2 scrolling modes (Continuous and Page by Page) and adjustable story text size for easy reading. And stories are automatically bookmarked as necessary too, making it easy for readers to come back where they left off at any time.
Sample of some of the authors and their stories:
* Louisa May Alcott (Debby's Debut, A Modern Cinderella)
* Honore De Balzac (A Street Of Paris And Its Inhabitant)
* L. Frank Baum (The Capture Of Father Time, The Enchanted Types, The King Of The Polar Bears)
* Emilia Pardo Bazan (First Love)
* Anton Chekhov (About Love, The Bet, In Exile, The Lottery Ticket, The Witch, and more)
* Kate Chopin (A Pair Of Silk Stockings, Beyond The Bayou, The Kiss)
* Daniel Defoe (The Apparition Of Mrs. Veal, Atlantis Major)
* Charles Dickens (The Holly Tree, Three Branches, The Seven Poor Travellers, To Be Read At Dusk)
* Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (A Cabman's Story, A Case Of Identity, The Man From Archangel, The Red-Headed League)
* H. Rider Haggar (Hunter Quartermain's Story, Long Odds, Only A Dream, and more)
* Nathaniel Hawthorne (The Hollow Of Three Hills, The Seven Vagabonds, and more)
* Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, and more)
* James Joyce (After The Race, The Dead, An Encounter, Grace, and more)
* Franz Kafka (Metamorphosis)
* Jack London (An Adventure In The Upper Sea, The Banks Of Sacramento, That Dead Men Rise Up Never, and more)
* O. Henry (The Gift Of The Magi, The Roads We Take, The Whirligig Of Life, and more)
* Edgar Allen Poe (The Angel Of Odd, The Black Cat, The Domain Of Arnheim, and more)
* Robert Louis Stevenson (A Lodging For The Night, The Sea Fogs, and more)
* Bram Stoker (Dracula's Guest, The Gipsy Prophecy, The Secret Of Growing Gold, and more)
* Mark Twain (The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, A Curious Dream, and more)
* H.G. Wells (The Cone, The Door In The Wall, A Dream Of Armageddon, A Moonlight Fable, and more)
* Oscar Wilde (The Devoted Friend, The Nightingale And The Rose, The Selfish Giant, and more)
* Virginia Woolf (A Society, The Mark On The Wall, Monday Or Tuesday, and more)
"When I purchased my first iPhone, I instantly fell in love with it" said Gregg Levine, founder of 288 Vroom LLC. "As a avid reader, I searched the app store for good reading material for when I was 'mobile'. While I found plenty of book apps to choose from and many relatively inexpensive ones, most were either just a single story or a small collection of stories. So in order to have a large collection of stories on my iPhone, I would have had to pay for a bunch of apps and eventually I would have run out of space on my phone. So I decided to create an app that was inexpensive, attractively designed, and most importantly had a large collection of stories without taking up too much memory on the phone. From this idea came 301+ Short Stories. I hope the users of this app enjoy it as much as I do."
* Extensive and expanding library - currently over 301 stories by 89 authors
* Multi-Genre library Adventure, Humor, Ghost Stories, Horrors, Mystery, Westerns, Fantasy, Love, Sketches of Life, and more
* Easy to use and eye-pleasing interface
* Adjustable story text size
* 2 scrolling modes - Continuous and Page by Page
* Automatically bookmarks each story as needed
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 4.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
301+ Short Stories 4.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available upon request. All future updates, including story additions, are included with initial purchase.
Based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, 288 Vroom LLC is a privately held corporation founded in 2009 by Gregg Levine. With over ten years development experience at major pharmaceutical and wireless companies, Gregg's aim is developing unique and useful software for the iPhone platform, complemented by first-class customer support. An aspiring fiction writer, Gregg felt that with his development experience and love of literature, starting the company by creating book apps were a logical first step. As the company grew, so did the variety and sophistication of the apps. Today 288 Vroom has a growing library of popular Book apps and is expanding into other areas like Reference and Game apps. Copyright (C) 2010 288 Vroom LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.