What are the New Features on the iPhone 4?
August 23, 2010 in Books
[prMac.com] New York, NY - The iPhone 4 can do more than just about any other smartphone on the market. In a beautiful and elegantly designed package, the iPhone 4 includes plenty of new features. Gary Mazo co-author of "iPhone 4 Made Simple," the latest title in Apress's "Made Simple" series, has provided a handy list of the six exciting new features available with the iPhone 4:
1. An amazing Retina display (960 x 640 pixels), four times better than older models
2. First-ever video chat using a front-facing camera
3. Video recording at 720p
4. Longer battery life
5. App switching/multitasking
6. Two powerful speakers
About "iPhone 4 Made Simple"
"iPhone 4 Made Simple" is the go-to guide for the latest and greatest version of the iPhone. This comprehensive book includes over 1,000 screen visuals and clear-cut instructions that illustrate both basic and advanced features of the iPhone 4, from email and calendar tips to navigating the App Store and understanding Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks. "iPhone 4 Made Simple" helps readers take advantage of all the features, apps, and secret techniques available with the new iPhone 4.
What you'll learn:
* How to use copy/paste, spotlight search, and voice memos
* Support for both Windows and Mac users
* How to use music, videos, photos and voice notes
* Detailed iTunes instructions
* How to sync playlists, videos, contacts, calendars, and notes
* Fast email, phone, calendar, and browser tips
* How to create your own ringtones and wallpapers
* How to use Google Maps to find just about anything!
* How to navigate the App Store for games, productivity apps, and more
* Understanding Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network setup and security
* How to install and remove software icons
* How to use you phone internationally and save money when traveling overseas
* How to save your battery life by understanding the network settings
* All the best tips and tricks for the touch screen
"iPhone 4 Made Simple"
* By Gary Mazo, Martin Trautschold
* ISBN13: 978-1-4302-3192-9
* ISBN10: 1-4302-3192-0
* 752 pp
* Published August 23, 2010
* Print Book Price: $29.99 (USD)
* eBook Price: $20.99 (USD)
About the Authors:
Gary Mazo is Vice President of Made Simple Learning and is a writer, a College Professor, a gadget nut and an ordained rabbi. Gary joined Made Simple Learning in 2007 and has co-authored the last thirteen books in the "Made Simple" Series. Along with Martin Trautschold and Kevin Michaluk from CrackBerry.com, Gary co-wrote "CrackBerry: True Tales of BlackBerry Use and Abuse" - a book about BlackBerry addiction and how to get a grip on one's BlackBerry use. Gary also teaches at the University of Phoenix - teaching Writing, Philosophy, Technical Writing and more. Gary is a regular contributor to CrackBerry.com - writing product reviews and adding Editorial Content. He holds a BA in Anthropology from Brandeis University. Gary earned his M.A.H.L (Masters in Hebrew Letters) as well as ordination as Rabbi from the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Martin Trautschold is the Founder and CEO of Made Simple Learning, a leading provider of Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, and Palm webOS books and video tutorials. He has been a successful entrepreneur in the mobile device training and software business since 2001. With Made Simple Learning, he has been helping to train thousands of BlackBerry Smartphone users with short, to-the-point video tutorials. He has now co-authored fifteen "Made Simple" guide books. Martin also co-founded, ran for 3 years, then sold a mobile device software company. Prior to this, Martin spent 15 years in technology and business consulting in the US and Japan. He holds an engineering degree from Princeton University and an MBA from the Kellogg School at Northwestern University.
About the "Made Simple" Series:
The "Made Simple" Series of books has been created for the serious business of having fun. The "Made Simple" Series teaches novice, intermediate, and advanced level users of Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Storm 2, iPad, iPhone XG, or iPod touch how to get the most out of the device. All books are packed with illustrations, cool tips, time-saving short cuts, useful tricks, and hidden gems to organize, explore, and revolutionize the reader's digital world.
To obtain more information, request press copies, or arrange an interview with Apress authors, please contact Lisa Lau at Apress online or call 212-460-0209.
Apress, Inc., part of Springer Science Business Media, is a technical publisher devoted to meeting the needs of IT professionals, software developers, and programmers, with more than 700 books in print and a continually expanding portfolio of publications. Apress offers a complete package of books on developing for the iPhone and Mac OS X. For developers who want to code games, create compelling user interfaces, or better get a handle on just what makes an App cool, Apress has books to suit. For more information about Apress, visit them online.
Public Relations Manager
+1 (212) 460-0209