August 31, 2010 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Seattle, Washington - SeedCode today is proud to release our much anticipated iCal Server for FileMaker, Zulu, a collaboration with the brilliant developers at 360Works. Zulu is a server-side plugin for FileMaker Server that lets iCal see your FileMaker data as iCal calendars. You can edit your records in iCal and from the calendars on your iPhone and iPad. When you do, you're editing the FileMaker records directly. iCal will even respect FileMaker's record locking if someone else is editing the record when you try to do the same.
Richard Carlton of RC Consulting says, "The capability to connect iCal to FileMaker, in real time, is truly staggering, since we have never had this ability previously." And Lisa Lemler, who is using Zulu to work with 36 calendars for the DA's office in Mobile, AL says, "I look like a genius around here! ... Zulu is amazing. There are no signs of slowdown or stress on my server at all!"
* Shows your FileMaker data as another calendar in iCal
* Zulu filters allow you to publish just part of a FileMaker table, etc.
* ...or publish a single table as more than one calendar- offering calendars per user, per status, etc.
* Respects FileMaker access privileges and record locking
* Optionally run post-edit and pre-delete scripts in FileMaker when changing records in iCal
* Changes made in iCal, iPhone, or iPad are instantly visible in FileMaker Pro
* Changes made in FileMaker are visible in iCal as soon as iCal refreshes
* Requires FileMaker Server 9 or higher
Located in metro Atlanta, 360Works, a FileMaker Platinum Business Alliance member, has been providing FileMaker-based solutions for more than a decade. The company is a leading developer of both shrink-wrapped and custom FileMaker database design solutions for clients such as NASA, Pixar, Bernard Hodes Group, US Marines, Make-A-Wish foundation and others. The company is credited for its forward-thinking solutions, dedication and unparalleled client service. 360Works is the leader in building custom FileMaker Pro plugins to your specifications.
Pricing and Availability:
Zulu starts at $299 (USD) for a workgroup license that offers up to 5 calendars to any number of users. You can check out short movie of Zulu in action and download a full featured demo at our website.
SeedCode has been building FileMaker calendars since 2001 and is recognized as a leader in design, documentation, and development best practices. SeedCode's John Sindelar is a returning DevCon speaker and one of the organizers of Pause on Error. He received the 2004 FileMaker Excellence Award for 'Developing Outstanding Technical Resources for the FileMaker Pro Community' and SeedCode Calendar was awarded the FileMaker Excellence Award for 'Solution of the Year' in 2010.