October 6, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Prague, Czech Republic - Today TappyTaps (formerly Sarsoft) have released its new version of Geotag Photos Pro 2.5 - iPhone application for easy automatic geotagging of photos taken by any (DSLR or compact one) camera. New version was created with focus on less battery consumption, so that with this version is possible to record locations for more than a day. Geotag Photos Pro 2.5 also added plenty of new functions - GPX export through iTunes & email, improved map view and new geotagging desktop application.
Geotagging of photos is getting more and more popular - with support of photo organization software (Apple iPhoto, Aperture or Google Picasa) or social online services (like Flickr) it helps people to improve organization of their photos and share them together with location data. However, most cameras cannot record location itself, as this would require a costly, built-in GPS system. Geotag Photos Pro provides a simple solution to this problem. It uses the GPS capabilities of the iPhone to record a log of the user's location at specified time intervals. Sarsoft's desktop app then uses the uploaded log to match log entries with the time each photo was captured by any (DSLR or compact one) camera.
With this new version of Geotag Photos Pro, core of iPhone application were rewritten to be able to use the most from iPhone hardware. With applications like this, high battery consumption can be a problem. We really focused on this issue and the result is optimized GPS management, that allows to run Geotag Photos for more than a day. In Geotag Photos Pro 2.5 were also added functions, that customers wanted the most - especially GPX export directly from iPhone application, using email or iTunes file sharing function. "With this new version, we added new advanced features, together with highly optimized GPS logger, that consumes less battery, than any other previous version.", said Jindrich Sarson, managing director of Tappy Taps. Geotag Photos Pro 2.5 was also selected as the best on the test by prestige photographic UK magazine PhotoPlus and got award "Photoplus Best On Test" and got rating 94 from 100.
* Geotag Photos Pro 2.5 enables addition of geospatial metadata to digital photos taken by any (DSLR or compact one) camera
* Exact locations are logged at user-set intervals by iPhone application
* Geotag Photos Pro offers various logging modes, from continuous to manual
* TappyTaps' desktop app matches logged location data with photos taken by any camera and saves location data in standard metadata format
* Desktop application supports all major operating systems (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux)
* supports multitasking of iOS 4
* support of .JPG and RAW file formats (more than 20 file formats - like NEF, DC2, DCW, ...)
* export of location data to GPX standard format, using ITunes file sharing function or by email
* Photos can be searched or sorted by location after tagging using wide range of viewing applications - such as iPhoto or Aperture on Mac OS X or Picasa on Windows and Linux
* FREE lite version is available - for customers to test all features before buy
Pricing and Availability:
Geotag Photos Pro 2.51 is only $3.99 (USD), and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Lite version of Geotag Photos is free of charge. Android version of Geotag Photos Pro is currently in beta testing and will be released soon (currently available for review upon request). As our new version celebration, application price will be lowered as low as $1.99 (USD) for whole day on Friday 10/08. Geotag Photos Pro is now available in English, German, French, Spanish and Czech language. Review copies are available upon request. Beta version for Google Android OS is available for review upon request.
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, TappyTaps (formerly Sarsoft) is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. The company was founded in 2009 by Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and markets 6 innovative products, so far. Copyright (C) 2010 TappyTaps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android and Picasa are trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.