October 8, 2010 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Port Jefferson, New York - Limit Point Software today introduces Foodmatic 1.0, an innovative new cooking application for the iPhone designed to help users eat better, tastier food. Foodmatic allows users to create delicious recipes in three easy steps:
1) Give it an ingredient or a bunch of ingredients. Foodmatic has a built-in database with hundreds of ingredients. Users can easily look up detailed information about any ingredient right from within the application.
2) Choose a suggestion. Foodmatic suggests other ingredients that would go well with those ingredients. Users can tap a suggestion to add it to their recipe.
3) Check the score. As ingredients are added, Foodmatic "scores" the recipe to let users know how good it tastes.
Foodmatic uses its built-in database and a proprietary algorithm to determine what flavors and foods go together really well. The company spent months researching common and not-so-common flavor combinations, analyzing thousands of recipes and regional cuisines, and even took into account an ingredient's seasonal affinities to determine how well certain ingredients go with others. Foodmatic's database and algorithm are continuously being improved and updated. The company is seeking as much user feedback as possible so that Foodmatic can become more comprehensive, more accurate, and more useful.
"Foodmatic was born from our passion for delicious great-tasting food. Foodmatic is for people who love food as much as we do", said the developers about the app. "Whether you're someone who thinks they can't cook at all or a professional chef looking to inspire new creativity in your cooking, Foodmatic will help you cook and eat better food. So whether you're just trying to spruce up a bowl of macaroni & cheese or think you could be the next top chef, Foodmatic will help you be more innovative and creative in your everyday cooking."
* Built-in database with hundreds of ingredients
* Graphical meter shows recipe score
* Find out what flavors/foods taste great together
* Look up detailed information for any ingredient
* Save created recipes
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later
* 5.0 MB
Pricing And Availability:
Foodmatic 1.0 is available for the introductory price of $0.99 and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Entertainment category. The company hosts a blog where every week they post a new recipe created entirely with Foodmatic.
Limit Point Software has been avidly developing software for the Mac community since 1997. In order to improve the usefulness, simplicity and dependability of our products user feedback has always been highly welcome and encouraged. Our products cover a diverse range of applications including bulk emailing, HTML form processing, web crawling and document indexing and searching. The Utilities is a comprehensive suite of other very useful tidbits for your Mac including movie and image processing, file maintenance, contextual menus and menu bar applications. Copyright (C) 2010 Limit Point Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.