October 13, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Oakdale, Pennsylvania - Independent developer, Scott Gruber, today is pleased to announce the release of ShapeEffects 2.0, a major update to his image editing tool for iPad. ShapeEffects offers a very different and exciting way in creating composite works of art from a list of 13 pre-defined shapes and a large variety of colors.
The User Interface has had a major facelift which makes ShapeEffects even more compelling to create and use. You can now add any picture from the Photo app to any of the 123 photo masks included to make dramatic pictures, collages, wallpaper. These can be manipulated, rotated. etc., just like the original 12 shapes. This ability makes this app a whole new app.
New features in v2.0:
* Redesigned user interface
* Put Photos inside the 12 shapes
* Put Photos inside an additional 111 Special effects masks
* Use the existing shapes as color filters
* Create collages, wallpaper
* Rotate the photos
* Scale the photos
About ShapeEffects :
ShapeEffects offers a wide range of colors and geometric shapes to make just about anything you can imagine. From abstract to cars or robots. Best of all is you have complete control over the shape.
Below are all the things you can do with each geometric shape, individually:
* Change the size
* Fill the shape with a wide selection of colors or no color
* Change the Border color
* Adjust the Fill color's translucency
* Adjust the Border color's translucency
* Make shapes to be on top of other shapes or underneath them
* Combine the shapes to make a composite shape
* Change the Background Color
* Adjust the Background Color to a lighter shade
* Take a snapshot of your work (it is saved within the iPad Photos app)
* Delete the last shape selected
* Delete all shapes
This app was developed after I saw my kids playing with geometrics for hours.This app is so much fun that my kids beg me to stop developing it so they can play with it. My nephew, who is 6 yrs. old, couldn't get enough of it as he was waiting to play with it while I was in the middle of programming it.
* Designed for iPad
* iOS 3.2
* 5.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShapeEffects 2.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Located in Pennsylvania, independent developer Scott Gruber, has been programming for over 30 years. He has done work as Senior UNIX Systems Administrator for companies like IBM, MCI, NASA, ADT. ShapeEffects was designed by Scott Gruber and his kids. Copyright (C) 2010 Scott Gruber. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.