Prizmo for Mac fully localized in 10 Languages
November 2, 2010 in Utility
[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today is happy to release the latest version of Prizmo, the scanning and OCR application for Mac OS X. Prizmo's User Interface is now available in 10 languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. Localizations will help Mac owners from all over the world better understand, and use Prizmo's features.
In the last few months, Creaceed has been responding to customer feedback in a regular series of updates. Version 1.1 added a state-of-the-art OCR technology, version 1.2 added scanner support under Snow Leopard, and version 1.5 added page curvature correction and camera tethering. This version addresses another feature request from the user community: localization.
We strongly believe that people can achieve better results using an application in their mother tongue, and this much faster than with another - unlocalized - app. That's why we localized Prizmo's UI in the 10 languages supported by the OCR Engine: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. This will make of Prizmo a unique utility that's easy to understand, and therefore easy to use.
Prizmo's Main Features:
1. Input Options
* Direct browsing of camera content, and of iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries
* Scanner support under Snow Leopard
* Camera Tethering
* Support for regular photo files and PDF documents
* Lens distortion correction
* Perspective correction
* Page curvature correction
* Adjustable grid for easily selecting the text to be recognized
* Guessing of optimal DPI for current image/grid configuration
* Brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation tuning
* Real time preview of extracted image or OCR results
3. OCR Processing
* Highly accurate and state-of-the-art OCR technology available in 10 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
* Several file types for saving the OCR results (PDF, RTF, TXT)
* Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or later
* Any Intel Mac or a PowerMac G5 with at least 64MB of VRAM (GPU) required
* Mac with Intel processor and at least 128 MB VRAM highly recommended
* A digital camera (Prizmo supports all digital cameras: compact cameras, DSLRs, iPhone cameras,...) or a scanner supported by Snow Leopard
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo 1.x is available for $49.95 (USD) on Creaceed's website. A time-unlimited trial version is available. The demo version generates watermarked JPG, PNG and TIFF files. OCR results can be previewed within the application. Prizmo is now also available as an iPhone app on Apple's App Store.
Creaceed, a Belgian company with a passionate team experienced in signal and image processing, provides intuitive and easy to use creative applications to Mac professionals and consumers: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Elasty HD, for adding special effects to QuickTime movies with motion-tracking features; and Prizmo, for scanning documents with a digital camera. Creaceed also provides Vocalia, a speech recognition application in 6 languages, to iPhone users, and a speech recognition SDK to iPhone developers. Copyright 2008-2010 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, App Store, iPhoto and Aperture are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Communication & PR Manager