April 27, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Agile Web Solutions today announced the release of 1Password 2.6, containing a wealth of improvements and new features. The most notable improvements include an enhancement to the existing Anti-Phishing feature of 1Password, automatic detection of changed online passwords, and improved browser support. This update is free to all paid 1Password customers.
What is 1Password?
* The most widely used password manager for Mac OS X (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iusethis ratings).
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem", rated 4.5/5 mice and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award.
* The only password manager with integrated anti-phishing technology.
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities.
* A highly secure database to keep track of logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information.
What is new in Version 2.6?
* Integration with PhishTank Anti-Phishing Service:
1Password always protected its users from phishing attacks. In this version, 1Password includes an additional layer of defense by integrating with the PhishTank online anti-phishing service. This integration is optional and is configurable via 1Password > Preferences > AntiPhishing.
* Automatic Update of Login Passwords:
This new version greatly simplifies changing online passwords. 1Password will now automatically detect Change Password pages and prompt you to update an existing Login with the new password.
* Added Fluid Site Specific Browser Support, Others:
This release adds support for the popular site-specific browser Fluid, OmniWeb 5.7, the latest Camino nightly builds, as well as improved support for Firefox 3.
* Greatly Improved Logins:
This version greatly improves the Save Form and Restore Form to allow automatic login on a wider variety of websites.
* More Password Generation Options:
Also new in this release is the ability for the Strong Password Generator to generate pronounceable passwords as well as MD5 digest password generation.
For full details about the new release, including the change log and screenshots, please visit their official website.
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A single-user license costs $34.95 USD and a family license is available for $49.95 USD. 1Password may be downloaded from their official website. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request.
Founded in the fall of 2002, Agile Web Solutions, Inc., began as a partnership between two experienced consulting firms, Teare Software Solutions Inc and Software Trenches Inc. Agile Web Solutions has a long history of innovation and business excellence. Agile Web Solutions is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information about the company or any of its products, visit the Agile Web Solutions web site.