January 6, 2011 in Music and Recording
[prMac.com] Champaign-Urbana, Illinois - Fidelity Media, creators of MegaSeg, an advanced DJ mixing application exclusively for Mac, today announced the availability of MegaSeg DJ edition on Apple's new Mac App Store. MegaSeg is an elegant music mixing solution for all types of DJs, professional and amateurs alike, based on 12 years of research, development, and refinements that cultivated a streamlined interface that's familiar and friendly to use, as well as fully compatible with iTunes music and playlists.
"This is an exciting opportunity to reach millions of customers," said Jason Cox, co-founder of Fidelity Media. "To have MegaSeg represented in the Mac App Store at consumer pricing gives us the ability to serve a new generation of DJs with advanced features and a solid, proven DJ product on the Mac platform."
MegaSeg DJ offers many key and unique benefits including an advanced real-time sound wave viewer for visual beat syncing and cueing via multi-touch Magic Trackpads. Other core features include:
* Multiple output channels for headphone cueing
* Interfaces with any MIDI controller (MIDI learn or popular built-in presets)
* Displays large album artwork next to each deck
* Automatic Volume Control
* Pitch locking (aka key-lock, master-tempo, time-stretching)
* Powerful category tagging system
* Fast database and search engine that works with very large libraries
* BPM tapper for highly accurate tempo matching
* Playlist logging (play history)
* Full-range pitch slider ( /-100%) with smooth reset
* Instant memory cue points
* Trackpad cue scrubbing in pause
* Compatible with iTunes library and playlists (including protected audio)
* International text compliant (Unicode)
Pricing and Availability:
MegaSeg DJ is available from the Mac App Store at an introductory price of $69 (USD) in celebration of the store launch (regularly $149). A free demo version is also available at MegaSeg online.
Located in Champaign-Urbana Illinois, Fidelity Media was founded in 1998 with a vision to simplify music mixing and library management for DJs, radio stations, hotels, restaurants, retail, and other performance and recreational industries. Its flagship product, MegaSeg, is the premiere Mac-based DJ and broadcast automation system for audio/video mixing and music scheduling. It continues to spearhead the digital music revolution and is used in over 90 countries worldwide. (C) 1998-2011 Fidelity Media, Inc. MegaSeg and Fidelity Media are trademarks of Fidelity Media, Inc. Apple, Mac, and Magic Trackpad are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.