March 7, 2011 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Houston, Texas - Word Magic Software today announces English-Spanish Unabridged Dictionary v.1.1.1 for iOS, an update to their world-renowned reference work, and the largest dictionary of its kind. The app is an unparalleled compendium of several standard dictionaries, idiom & colloquial dictionaries, proverb dictionaries, and foreign-word dictionaries, plus a comprehensive collection of technical glossaries on such subjects as Law, Business, Finance, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Pathology, Anatomy, Navigation, Agronomy, Botany, Zoology, Architecture, Mechanics, Electricity and many other specialized lexicons. Completely self-contained, an Internet connection is necessary only for two advanced features of the Dictionary: audio playback of word and sentence pronunciation in English and Spanish, and color pictures and photographs illustrating definitions.
Word Magic Software has specialized in English-Spanish translation and natural language processing since 1989, and works exclusively with these two languages. Their English-Spanish Unabridged Dictionary includes all the terms of their separate General, Legal, Business, and Medical dictionaries. The largest Spanish-English Polytechnic Translation Dictionary on the market, it contains more than 950,000 entries, 1,600,000 translations, and 2,100,000 synonyms. In addition, more than 66,000 color pictures help define key nouns and adjectives. Both American and British English words are included, a feature unique to the app. Truly a global reference work, International, European, Latin American, and Mexican Spanish words are all to be found in the Dictionary. And adding to its value as a reference resource, the app contains more than 20,000 Biography entries, 10,000 Geography listings, and 7,000 Corporation & University lookups.
* English-Spanish Unabridged Dictionary 7th Edition 2011
* Most definitions in both languages at the same time
* Full pronunciation of entries, example sentences, and definitions in both languages
* Clear-cut meaning identification using a “Descriptive Meaning Tag” on each entry
* Grammar attributes and notes on each entry
* Shake for random word display
* Search History
* Favorites Library
* Intelligent language recognition - enter a Spanish word and it shifts to Spanish Dictionary
* Captions in English or Spanish determined by device default language
* Includes compound verbs, phrases, proverbs, and idioms
* Most entries include synonyms, antonyms, and linguistic attributes in both languages
* Luxurious leather-like interface
* Specialized terms include sub-classifications; e.g., Botany: tree, plant, fruit, flower, etc.
* On/off settings: Translations, Synonyms, Definitions, Bilingual Definitions, Examples, Antonyms, Pictures, Quotes & Proverbs
* English definitions from WordNet 2.0 copyright 2003 by Princeton University
* Text field and scrolling list search with Spanish accent and diacritical mark
* One-button conversion from English-Spanish to Spanish-English dictionary
* Unique Scan Function displays idioms, compound words, and phrases containing the search term
"For anyone who ever consults an English-Spanish dictionary, this app is a must-have," stated company President, Ricardo Arguello Senior. "With a very easy-to-use interface, it will help you truly understand words and phrases, and use them correctly, grammatically, and effectively."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4 tested)
* Universal application
* 140 MB
Pricing and Availability:
English-Spanish Unabridged Dictionary 1.1.1 is $19.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Reference category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in beautiful Houston, Texas, Word Magic Software, Inc. is a software development company founded by Ricardo Arguello, Sr. in 1997. Word Magic Software is dedicated to offering a set of complementary software products geared for the English-Spanish language translation, corporate communications, and education markets. Copyright (C) 2011 Ricardo Arguello, Sr. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.