PDF Bee receives major update in v4
July 19, 2011 in Publishing
[prMac.com] Manheim, Pennsylvania - Chris Paveglio today is pleased to announce the release of PDF Bee 4.0. PDF Bee allows users to automatically drop InDesign files and packaged folders into a watched folder for automated output. PDF Bee outputs each page of the InDesign document as a separate PDF (either via PDF Export or Postscript and Distill), and now JPG/EPS.
Version 4 includes the ability to handle packaged files, to output a 2nd version of the PDFs using a different setting, to output the document as 1 PDF (instead of each page as a PDF), the option to output a JPG and/or EPS file of each page, to update image links, to separate the files into folders based on file types.
* Watches a hot folder for files dropped locally or over a network
* Option to process 1 file locally at a time
* Watches for InDesign documents and package folders
* Outputs 1 PDF per page of the document
* Output PDF via InDesign Export, Postscript and Distill, or only Postscript files
* Option to output a JPG and/or EPS of each page
* Automatically load fonts for each document
* Option to move files to a user specified location, such as another hot folder for other processes like Pitstop server or other Automator actions or scripts
* Option to sort files into sub folders based on the file types
* Option for reversing the file page naming (ie page number first then document name)
* Creates a log file on network volumes to monitor multiple PDF Bees
* Can use multiple PDF Bees to watch 1 folder for processing a huge number of files in parallel
* Designed by a Prepress professional
* Mac OS X 10.6
* Adobe InDesign CS4, CS5
* Adobe Acrobat Distiller 8, 9
Pricing and Availability:
PDF Bee 4.0 is available immediately, priced at $95 (US), upgrade from version 3.x for $50 (US).
Chris Paveglio creates Applescripts and Mac applications for the publishing and advertising industry; as well as custom Applescripts/programs upon request. He deals primarily with Adobe integration, and FileMaker databases. As a graphic artist he can create printed documents, video and animation, and web ready graphics. All Material and Software (C) 2002-2010 Chris Paveglio / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Applescript, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.