September 24, 2008 in iPod (E)
[prMac.com] Winnipeg, Canada - ZappTek is proud to announce its version 4.2 release of iPDA. iPDA is the perfect companion to the iPod by serving as a replacement PDA. Word, PDF, Apple Pages, RTF or text documents may be easily transferred to iPod so data is available for quick access, any time. Download RSS feeds, weather forecasts, driving directions and news headlines directly to the iPod. iPDA supports transferring information from Entourage, Stickies, Gmail, Mail, Address Book and iCal, making it simple to put the information users need on their iPods.
Version 4.2 adds full support for the new 4G nano, including Contact groups.
* Sync Mail Messages, Notes and To Do's directly to iPod
* Download RSS feeds and keep track of local weather with up-to-date forecasts
* Subscribe to your Google calendars and download them directly
* Download driving directions directly to iPod
* Download Gmail messages directly to iPod
* Perform a backup to iPod
iPDA 4.2 sports a number of important additions:
* Supports the 4G nano's contact grouping functionality
* Improves Entourage contact processing
* Improves RSS feed processing to better extract text from web pages
* Mac OS X version 10.4 or higher
* An iPod. Note that iPDA does not support the iPhone nor iPod touch
* Microsoft Entourage for Entourage data synchronization
* Web Services require an Internet connection
To install iPDA 4.2, drag it to your Applications folder or wherever you'd like to keep it. Clicking on a button will bring up a window to select the specific subset of information to export to your iPod; each window contains basic guides on its use. Determine the settings needed for syncing and click OK.
iPDA 4.2 remains priced at $19.95 (USD) with a $10.00 (USD) upgrade fee for current 3.x users (and a free update for version 4 users). The iPDA trial allows for 6 full syncs before requiring a purchase. Users may purchase the bundle, which includes iPresent It and iSpeak It, for $44.95 (USD); a $13 savings.
Users may purchase from within iPDA by selecting "Purchase iPDA..." in the application menu or visit the ZappTek website.
Based in Winnipeg, Canada, ZappTek was founded by Michael Zapp in 2002. Beginning with tools to bring calendar and note information into the Contact entries of the original iPod, ZappTek now provides a suite of applications to meet every need. These include iPresent It for giving presentations on the iPod, iPDA for personal information management, iSpeak It to convert documents into MP3/AAC audio tracks, and iPod Launcher to automate all of iPod activities. All Software (C) 2002-2008 ZappTek / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, "Apple App Store", iPod, the iPod and iPod Touch logo, and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.